Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com

The Jaws Of Life

Sensei Eddie Bravo & all 10th Planet Instructors,

Should we continue to try for the double under-hooks in the Lockdown whenever our opponent has double under-hooks as well? Or should we continue threw the path to Full Guard or Butterfly Guard?

What to do whenever you have the Lockdown but your opponent has double under-hooks?

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan cook View Post
    you should probably give up in this scenario
    are you a 10th planet instructor?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Michael its up to you, and what you feel more comfortable doing. If your butterfly guard isn't a solid part of your game you may want to work to get those double unders.

If your stuck with them having double unders on you (1st you should be working your ass off to prevent that from happening but if...),you can still use a modified jaws of life or I like to pummel in and use the 100%.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Yea Mike, Chris makes a good point that as your opponent moves into halfguard and as you are securing the lockdown, you should be aggressively pulling your opponent down to you while gaining over and under, or possibly double under hooks. Remember that as your opponent moves, his pathway should be controlled as much as possible to maneuver him to your desired pathway. Think like a chess match and know the moves that you have left him to option. Good luck

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Michael its up to you, and what you feel more comfortable doing. If your butterfly guard isn't a solid part of your game you may want to work to get those double unders.

If your stuck with them having double unders on you (1st you should be working your ass off to prevent that from happening but if...),you can still use a modified jaws of life or I like to pummel in and use the 100%.
    Thanks

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-theman-james View Post
    Yea Mike, Chris makes a good point that as your opponent moves into halfguard and as you are securing the lockdown, you should be aggressively pulling your opponent down to you while gaining over and under, or possibly double under hooks. Remember that as your opponent moves, his pathway should be controlled as much as possible to maneuver him to your desired pathway. Think like a chess match and know the moves that you have left him to option. Good luck
    & Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    When I'm in half guard with one or two overhooks I like to use the stomp to guard and the overhook leaves the hand on the mat. It's so hard to get the hand on the mat when guys know your game but I find success with the stomp.