Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Powder Keg

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com

The Powder Keg

Sensei Eddie Bravo & all 10th Planet Instructors,

Should we practice the Powder Keg from the "original HG Dogfight" or just Einstein's Variation?

Or both??

Array

School
    N/A
    I love the Powder Keg, but I'm not firmiliar with Einstein's variation? Is there any way you could post a link

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Are you referring to Einstein's version as the one with the leg allready across his back? If so thats the one I normally use.

Try both, use which one works best for you.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    I'm a bigger Guy with longer legs and I find that if you overhook the wizzering shoulder as you are driving your triangling leg thru and drive it down to your inside hip that you can pull the triangle pretty easy as your opponent is pulled out of his base. A little variation to the powder keg in the book. Works for me.

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Are you referring to Einstein's version as the one with the leg allready across his back? If so thats the one I normally use.

Try both, use which one works best for you.
    YES the leg on the back.

I was just wondering if in the evolution of 10th planet techniques the original Powder Keg was upgraded to Einstein's version. & if so does that mean we should just practice Einstein's version? Just like London is out I was wondering if the original Powder Keg is to.

Array

School
    It's a variation of the original that just shows a different approach that may be easier or harder depending on your skill level and flexibility, like Chris said try both and pick the one that you feel will give you the higher success rate

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    From my understanding, all the stuff in the books and DVDs always have to evolve when being used against guys who are down with the system, who know 10thplanetjj counters. The basic path is effective against guys unfamiliar with 10th planet stuff.

Powder keg only with the leg high on the opponent's back.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias Sieber View Post
    Powder keg only with the leg high on the opponent's back.
    +1

Array

School

Not to stir an argument with anyone, but Eddie's idea of constant evolution for seeking the next better way of doing our techniques would never exist if you limit your skill set to simply practicing what has already been discovered, therefore each practitioner should familiarize themselves with those moves already known and also keep looking for a way that may be better, if only to them. Keep in mind that itself is why at this time there are two variations to the powder keg and many of the 10th planet techniques.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast