Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Probably both. Also in my 20s with lower back pain, mines the result of an injury. For me an extensive swiss ball core routine keeps me right (made by a PT). Core is everything!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    In my opinion, training; specifically, core training is the best. I've been to several chiropractors, and what they do to benefit me vs the BS of the stuff they try to push on me isn't worth it.
    Kettlebell training, stretching/yoga, calisthenics, and carido are essential. I guess it's obvious, but being in the best physical condition you can be in, and eating properly are essential. If you don't take care of yourself while you're in your 20's, it will be difficult (but not impossible) to alter that later on.
    If I didn't take care of myself when I was in my 20s-eat right, focus on fitness as much as I did, I'd be a wreck now. I know it. My Primary Care physician even says as much.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    I've given it a bit of thought. I still think that the extra sleep I get (allowing by body to recover) is more beneficial than depriving my body of sleep and getting more exercise. Thoughts?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Ultimately, one has to do what FEELS right for themselves. What works for others doesn't necessarily translate to yourself. If that's what you feel works best, do it. It isn't worth the mental anguish and concern. You don't want to take away thought or energy better left to your game worrying about your sleeping habits.
    It's said that Einstein had 7 sets of the same set of clothes so he didn't need to waste unnecessary energy thinking about what to wear. Edison often napped during the day. Bruce Lee never seemed to sleep. It's all in what works for you.

Array

School
    !0thP ATX
    This is a thread I can get down on! I'll be 46 in a couple months and I have a lower back injury I nurse a good deal. My injury is the disk between L4 and L5 is bulging so its lots of ranger candy [ibuprofen], but I hit up the chiropractor for the deep tissue message and electro therapy, but yoga, stretching and core are all key. I also take a supplement called Cissus and it has really helped more than any other supplement. I've tried glucosamine and condroitin but with the cissus I can truly tell a marked difference. I work as a paramedic and I'm on the Spec Ops rescue team so my back gets pretty jacked up at work. But, its just working the core alot and just being cognizant of it. Like everyone else is saying start taking care of yourself now. I find as I get older I have to work harder than ever to maintain where I'm at.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Absolutely! It's like a classic car-take care of it when it's new, and it'll be around a long time

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Whats your dosage for Cissus? How has it helped you?

Array

School
    !0thP ATX
    Louis, I believe the recommended is 2 caps twice daily [500mg] half hour before food intake. I've found the optimum dose for me is 3 caps twice a day. I was intially using the Prima force but Its a bit steep. I found another supp dealer called TF supplememts which is much more reasonable. also when you first start the Cissus it works a little like fiber so you drop a few pounds secondary to a few more bathroom visits, but nothing too bad! But man I tell you, everyone I've turned on to it really can tell a difference! Research it a little and see what you think. It's one of the few supplements I can truly tell a difference when I'm off it. My recovery time is also a lot better as far soreness the next day after hard training aswell. it works primarily as a natural anti inflammatory and helps to regrow tendon tissue, well faciltates it more actually. a lot of folks with arthritis have used it to for the non nsaid anti inflammatory aspect since older folks have a few more issues with heavy nsaid use and stomach issues aswell as kidneys and liver. But man like i said research it and see what you think, I know I love it! W

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    BACK PAIN: At an early age (Like 20) could be due to weak abdominal muscles. You know the big muscle head guys who walk around and wear their weight lifting belts everywhere...those belts are designed to support your back using "Intra Abdominal Pressure" ie.. it holds your stomach in which supports your lower back. Long story short, stretch and strengthen your abs...see if that helps. If not, hit the doc you may have a bigger issue...

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    What Kevin said-abdominal/core strength should NOT be under-estimated. It's essential for good health and martial arts. If you don't consistently work the core, everything will suffer. It also lends itself to more practical strength. One thing you won't lose appreciably if you keep working it consistently is strength and core strength, but it does take perseverance

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast