Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford

Training over 40

Ok; OLD MEN! You know who you are. I have created a group titled "Training over 40" for those of us creeping on advanced age. The idea is to have a place where ANYONE, but specifically, those of us now 40 and over, can share information about anything: Mitigating injury, pre workout, post workout, knee problems, back, arthritis, etc. Anything useful can be helpful.
    Those of us in this group know all too well that things change a bit, from recovery time to injury frequency and we have to approach our passion with more wisdom and intelligence. Hell, even info on natural supplements, chiropracty, anything truly useful would be great! Moral support even!

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Great idea! I'm about to be 35, so I can't join your reindeer games officially, but I understand what u mean and will be watching

Array

School
    Ronin
    Randy Couture should write a fucking book on this!!
    formerly known as jmw0582

im a young mothafucka, at 22. but i was born with a condition where my joints and ligaments are way too loose and my range of motion is a little bit abnormal. Plus i have some arthritis problems like if i was 45 as my doctor tells me, which sucks. Every morning i wake up with joint and bone pain.

So ill just share that every morning i take a glucossamine supplement for my joints and arthritis and it really helps. Especially when i get home from training and someone had a kimura a tad too far or something like that and its sore, when i take my glucossamine it heals me up.

Im not assuming you have arthritis haha but if you stumble with that, get some of those.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Excellent Thread John.

Guys, John and I have been sharing ideas on this subject for some time now, glucossamine, massage, chiropractic HERBAL and even mental techniques or therapies all apply here... What do YOU do?

Post it up Gents. Knowledge is power.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Hey what about us 36 year olds with multiple synthetic parts holding us together?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    I just turned 33 but am a disabled army vet with nerve and muscle damage from my low back all the way down my left leg. Does that count?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    ALL Are welcome to post any useful info regardless of age. I primarily used the "40 year old" naming as I know that myself, Eddie, some of my training partners and others in our community are either 40 an over, or closing in.
    Coach Herzog, you are an honorary chairman of this group due to your synthetic parts.
    And in full disclosure, although I have not endeavored to keep it secret, but I haven't really broadcasted it; I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. So my reasons are somewhat selfish in dealing with this condition. I have used glucosomine in the past, but it doesn't really do anything for me personally, as the big issue is the constant and often severe pain associated with the condition.
    I'll post more in the group soon, but what helps me most is stretching/yoga, and my kettlebell routines. However, if I have a REALLY bad day/flare up, I literally can't move out of bed. Not a sob story, just a fact. The last few days have been relatively good ones, so I'm feeling pretty decent today.
    Let's keep sharing the info !!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thanks man, I was 31 when I had recostructive surgery on my ankle and they spent more time removing arthritis and bone spurs then fixing my ligiments

Its all good, Yoga and Chiro is whats allowing me the oppertunity to beat myself back up again as well.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    I'm days away from 32 and I've fractured my skull, broken my neck and broken my back. A chiro won't touch me and all I got is yoga and nibiru lol. I'm down to single lotus because I'm out of alignment and my hip has a mind of it's own. Despite this, I love it. When I'm in the zone it's a long night for my training partners. I wake up the next day in massive pain but it's that high you can't get anywhere else. Not even smoking that Sh*t Werdum smoked before the Fedor fight. LOL

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast