Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    BETA Academy

7 weeks till COPA NOVA...NEED CARDIO HELP!!!

First let me say that i love being a part of 10pjj because i truly believe everyone is here to help eachother and i can't wait to kick some ass in the name of 10pjj. Everytime i ask for help here, you guys are always in my corner helping me out. who needs a gym? i can win without one!

well, i need help from my team again. COPA NOVA, in Northern Virginia, is in 7 weeks and i need to win. i believe my biggest problem is my cardio...or lack of cardio. so what do i do to get in shape? the more specific, the better. Thanks peeps!!!

10th Planet Ronin out!!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Tabata training man. Get used to exploding and recovering.

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    Ditto on the Tabata, Circuits and mix them up, Power/Explosive/Caveman also Steps & or Hill Sprints also what equipment do you have at your disposal let everyone know so we can give you some good ideas

Array

School
    BETA Academy
    i have no equipment...i have a 10x10 mat in my garage, running shoes and an ipod. what is tabata? and can you be more specific. i've never worked on my cardio before so i was hoping to develop a weekly plan or something.

You need an interval timer tabatas are 20second work 10seconds rest for 4mins, its a great way to boost your cardio depending on your routine. Start with a Tabata of jump rope then move on to burpees and mount climbers alternating rounds then another set of jump ropes you can also alternating shooting for takedowns and squats to build up your endurance. Hopefully this helps hit me up if you need any more help.
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix

Array

School
    BETA Academy
    thanks for the tips. how long should i do it? if i do the 4 minute tabatas and i do jump rope, burpees, mountain climbers, shooting, and squats that's only half an hour, is that enough? should i repeat this until i get to an hour?

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    I use tabta training also. For my last tournament i had 8-9 matches and I wasnt even tired after the last one. It really works.

I also train with wrestlers and play their game. My fav thing is to be in guard so its really out my comfort zone. Plus, the standup game in wrestling is great practice and tired me out more than anything else.

btw it's easier to run for 45 minutes than to to the tabta training so do not say you weren't warned.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    "The full Tabata program is four minutes long, it will probably feel like the longest four minutes of your life.

If you are going to try it I would recommend going light with the weights until you find your range, theres a good chance you will underestimate this workout and be begging people around you to help you off the floor.
    Tabata intervals follow this structure:

* Push hard for 20 seconds
    * Rest for 10 seconds.
    * Repeat this eight times.

The secret to making this effective is in your sprint interval. You have to go all out, so do as many reps as you can in the 20 seconds, put it down for 10, then pick it up again and go hell for leather for another 20 seconds.

I would suggest getting some sort of tabata timer like a watch where you can see exactly where you are in the workout, you don't want to have to think too much, all of your concentration will be on the exercise.

You can also try using an mp3 interval workout like these to add structure to your workout.

This workout music is built in the form of tabatas, so you don't need a watch or anything to keep time. Just listen to the prompts and your workout will follow automatically."

http://www.intervaltraining.net/tabata.html

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Candelas, BCG View Post
    thanks for the tips. how long should i do it? if i do the 4 minute tabatas and i do jump rope, burpees, mountain climbers, shooting, and squats that's only half an hour, is that enough? should i repeat this until i get to an hour?
    No, it would be like this:

rd 1 - 20 sec - jump rope
    - 10 sec - rest
    rd 2 - 20 sec - burpees
    - 10 sec - rest
    rd 3 - 20 sec - mountain climbers
    - 10 sec - rest
    rd 4 - 20 sec - shoot
    - 10 sec - rest
    rd 5 - 20 sec - squats
    - 10 sec - rest
    rd 6 - 20 sec - heavy bag
    - 10 sec - rest
    rd 7 - 20 sec - sprints
    - 10 sec - rest
    rd 8 - 20 sec - sprints

This is just an example, but you could put any HIIT in place of the others. The total time after 8 rounds would be 4 minutes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast