Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    BETA Academy
    U just blew my mind...whoa!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Haha. Sorry. I dork out like that. I'm a respiratory therapist so the physiology thing is my bread and butter.

Jason if your sick Tabatas might not not be a good idea since its taxing to the nervous system and might cause your immune system to shutdown even more so just take that into account as you ramp up your training my friend
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Sam Sales

thanks for the info regarding tabata. Just downloaded a tabata timer app for my iphone. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Martinez View Post
    Jason if your sick Tabatas might not not be a good idea since its taxing to the nervous system and might cause your immune system to shutdown even more so just take that into account as you ramp up your training my friend
    Don't I know it. Right now I'm pretty knocked down with Crohn's flare up. I pretty much always have some symptoms but I live my life in spite of them; I just ride the rollercoaster and do what I can to mitigate the worst of them. Every once in a while though I get a genuine FLARE where my immune system goes on a rampage and tries to kill me by eating my gut. The ups and downs of the rollercoaster have been getting worse over the last couple of weeks. Tuesday night at work it finally hit big time. Awful abd pain, projectile vomiting, the whole bit. So I went down to the ER and got tuned up with some IV meds. Now I'm in the completely wiped out phase. Can't eat, nauseated, intermittent abd pain, tired as hell. I'm actually on the rebound and it usually only takes 3-5 days or so to get back to my regular baseline. Hoping to get back in the gym Monday and see how it goes. If I can pick up where I left off, I'll just keep training with my eye towards competition. If I can't, then I might have to skip this tourney and catch the next one.

The worst is knowing that the meds I've been on in the past kinda wrecked my heart. I'll never have world-class cardio because my heart has been weakened. When I train REALLY hard and push it to my maximum I sometimes end up with pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs. In this case, because the right side of the heart can't keep up). I don't get it very often and when I do it's certainly not nearly as bad as having heart failure or anything, but it still sucks. The coughing wears you out. I keep working at it though and I'm really hopeful the Tabatas can make a difference in getting me to *my* peak form -- even if that's not exactly world-class athlete status.

Sam Sales

Hi guys, quick question to those that do tabatas. Do you do just the 1 4 minute set of 8 exercises, or do you sometimes do a few sets? Thanks in advance. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hyatt View Post
    Don't I know it. Right now I'm pretty knocked down with Crohn's flare up. I pretty much always have some symptoms but I live my life in spite of them; I just ride the rollercoaster and do what I can to mitigate the worst of them. Every once in a while though I get a genuine FLARE where my immune system goes on a rampage and tries to kill me by eating my gut. The ups and downs of the rollercoaster have been getting worse over the last couple of weeks. Tuesday night at work it finally hit big time. Awful abd pain, projectile vomiting, the whole bit. So I went down to the ER and got tuned up with some IV meds. Now I'm in the completely wiped out phase. Can't eat, nauseated, intermittent abd pain, tired as hell. I'm actually on the rebound and it usually only takes 3-5 days or so to get back to my regular baseline. Hoping to get back in the gym Monday and see how it goes. If I can pick up where I left off, I'll just keep training with my eye towards competition. If I can't, then I might have to skip this tourney and catch the next one.

The worst is knowing that the meds I've been on in the past kinda wrecked my heart. I'll never have world-class cardio because my heart has been weakened. When I train REALLY hard and push it to my maximum I sometimes end up with pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs. In this case, because the right side of the heart can't keep up). I don't get it very often and when I do it's certainly not nearly as bad as having heart failure or anything, but it still sucks. The coughing wears you out. I keep working at it though and I'm really hopeful the Tabatas can make a difference in getting me to *my* peak form -- even if that's not exactly world-class athlete status.
    You just inspired me sooooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales
    Hi guys, quick question to those that do tabatas. Do you do just the 1 4 minute set of 8 exercises, or do you sometimes do a few sets? Thanks in advance. :-)
    Its always 4mins ill do one constant like jump rope or sprint or burpress then mix in four other things like over head push press pummeling etc. Then rest for a 2mins (half the work time so its a 2 to 1 ration) then repeat. Usually do that for 4-5 full rounds (work and rest) total
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Martinez View Post
    Its always 4mins ill do one constant like jump rope or sprint or burpress then mix in four other things like over head push press pummeling etc. Then rest for a 2mins (half the work time so its a 2 to 1 ration) then repeat. Usually do that for 4-5 full rounds (work and rest) total
    Thanks bro. Got to admit i was absolutely gassed after those 4 minutes. Brutal. :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123