Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet H.Q

I saw this video and wanted to share to see what people thought about it....

I always try and put the video on here and can't but here is the link....

http://youtu.be/6r0MjVltqoI

it doesn't show much but more of what he is saying.....

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    Puke

I dont think there are many people on here that are qualified to argue with this guy, that said that doesn't make him right.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    I dont think there are many people on here that are qualified to argue with this guy, that said that doesn't make him right.
    what? the dude is arguing on stretching your knees.....this would mean all stretching for flexibilty in general is pointless. proof is in the pudding. this guy is LOL city.

Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    what? the dude is arguing on stretching your knees.....this would mean all stretching for flexibilty in general is pointless. proof is in the pudding. this guy is LOL city.
    Can someone teach me about stretching tendons because i honestly don't know much about it. I guess all im saying is a i don't know enough to argue his "point" (i wish i did)

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    I guess his point is that you already have full range of motion in your knees (from fully bent to fully extended), but you go not have full range of motion in your hips because tendons are tight. Loosening knee tendons will just make the joints loose, but if you flex your hips you have more range of motion to gain before the joints are loose. It makes sense to me, but i am not a sports doctor.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    hes saying dont strech your knee side to side it's only ment to extend. Anyone who's taken anatomy can confirm this. he didnt say dont stretch late85. In RG book it says crazy knee strech. That shit is bad for you. strech hips and ass mucles so u don't need to make ur knees sideways to make up for shit flexibility

Quote Originally Posted by The kza View Post
    hes saying dont strech your knee side to side it's only ment to extend. Anyone who's taken anatomy can confirm this. he didnt say dont stretch late85. In RG book it says crazy knee strech. That shit is bad for you. strech hips and ass mucles so u don't need to make ur knees sideways to make up for shit flexibility
    Thats what i was wondering about. What is your source/level of expertise on this issue. Basically what makes u qualified to teach me

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    That guy is right about the knees. What you need for rubber guard are flexible hips and a flexible lower back. This is what gives you the range and dexterity for the RG, not flexible knees.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    That guy is right about the knees. What you need for rubber guard are flexible hips and a flexible lower back. This is what gives you the range and dexterity for the RG, not flexible knees.
    I think the knee jerk reaction is because Eddie's been on video saying that you need flexible knees to be good at rubber guard. I don't expect Eddie to be an expert in anatomy, so his supposed faux pas is no big deal to me. I know what he means and he's right about that. He was saying that a guy can put his leg behind his head but still not have the kind of flexibility you need for RG. You need a different range of motion. Eddie was talking about how important it is to be able to get into full lotus position.

So, the question is, what exactly is being stretched when you're getting into lotus?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast