Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I take liquid collagen for my joints, I have been told that it actually repairs the tissue rather than just lubricating it. Multi vitamin, nitrous oxide, protein, glut amine, natural test boosters - they are good but you grow tolerant to them real quick so you have to keep going stronger and stronger which isn't good. I like bodybuilding tho so I take a lot of supps

Array

School
    10th planet Hotbox Dawsonville :) North Georgia MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    Any suggestions for a 42 year old guy who trains a lot and is generally falling apart? Like I said, right now, I'm only taking multivitamins, fish oil, joint supps, and greens (powder). What about DHEA? Anybody know about this one? Thanks.
    Dehydroepiandrosterone is pretty serious, I would talk to a doctor have your levels checked before using or going down that road , Everyone is different when . Do you take recover protein to help the muscle repair ? After I workout or train I drink whey , There's a 30 min window after workout or training that you should try to consume the shake in. Also try upping your veg intake .

Array

School
    NA
    i'm reading some stuff on beta alanine online....but what specifically has it done for the people on this forum that take it? what benefits are you guys seeing? cardio? strength? endurance?

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    I know this thread is about supplements but I go a completely different route. I took all the money I was spending on protein powder, multi vitamin and other chemically processed powders and now use it to buy organic chicken, fresh fruits and vegetables.
    In my opinion you should eat your protein as whole foods and get your vitamins from fresh organic fruits and veggies.
    You know all that stuff you guys talk about, glutamine, carnitine bla bla bla exist in nature in one form or in an other and they are way more potent before they are extracted from their source, powdered up and stored in plastic containers.
    Just my 2 cents.
    This is what i do also. Some supplements are fine but in general people are taking stuff that they are already getting plenty of or have no idea what it is doing to them. Its also been proven that many of the vitamins or minerals only are effective in combination with other things that are in whole foods, best example of this would be beta-carotene, by itself it is basically useless but in carrots in combination with other things in a carrot (which we havent figured out yet) it has beneficial effects. Remember nutrition science is just over 100 years old, people thought Atkins was the solution to lose weight loss years ago.

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    Oh and also, you can get a lot of this stuff is you eat properly! Fish oils, protein, fibre. The one thing i do take is plant protein powder, only because that is a huge pain in the ass to get if you are not eating a lot of meat, which i dont.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Louis, you don't have to come to the forums to get some roids. Just ask!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    I was too shy.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    Any suggestions for a 42 year old guy who trains a lot and is generally falling apart? Like I said, right now, I'm only taking multivitamins, fish oil, joint supps, and greens (powder). What about DHEA? Anybody know about this one? Thanks.
    Luis I don't know your diet, but if it is not clean then there is a part of your problem. I am 10 years younger than you but I had the falling apart issue my self.
    As I said earlier do not ever eat any refined sugar, cut back on the non refined carbs also, including whole wheat cereal bread etc.. cut dairy, basically get all your carbohydrates from vegetables and fruits. I would say 70 percent green veggies and 30 percent from fruits. Don't drink fruit juice, eat the damn thing. Eat lots of chicken breast, egg whites, shrimp, tilapia and salmon. Stop eating outside your own kitchen, pair this with a gallon of fresh water ) per day and I guarantee you will be stronger, faster than ever and have much faster recovery times. This is not gonna make you 20 years old again, but it beats supplements.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    AndyK5, sounds pretty awesome what you are doing. Is it difficult to get going and maintaining such a diet? I'd love to cut out sugar and non refined carbs, but it's in almost everything. Any suggestions on how to started?
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

coca-cola, a few cigars, and half to maybe a full pot of coffee a day

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast