Thread: Tourny question

Dustin C.

Tourny question

Have you guys ever been in a tourney that you prepared well for, good diet, good cardio etc, and when you fought you just went blank and got beat by a guy that is not as good as you, he does absolutely nothing, no submission attempts no sweeps nothing just pushes forward and hangs on, you can tell on any other day you would tap him in one minute, thats what happened to me. I was calm, no adrenaline dump or anything.
    Do you guys ever go blank? if so what do you do so it wont happen again?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin C. View Post
    Have you guys ever been in a tourney that you prepared well for, good diet, good cardio etc, and when you fought you just went blank and got beat by a guy that is not as good as you, he does absolutely nothing, no submission attempts no sweeps nothing just pushes forward and hangs on, you can tell on any other day you would tap him in one minute, thats what happened to me. I was calm, no adrenaline dump or anything.
    Do you guys ever go blank? if so what do you do so it wont happen again?
    Hey Dustin, it's happened to me before. Youll just need to do more tourneys, mock tourneys and random school visits. More reps, different looks, things start to become automatic and you begin to not think about things, and just flow.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    yea, if your in HS wrestle, that'll take the fear away, and you'll be way better than anyone in competition