Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Just don't care if you loose or win, competition against others give you a false sense of achievement if they are not as skilled as you, -and it hurts your ego when they are better. Forget about the outcome, compete against yourself by putting in the work, and then you'll find that the subs just happen!

If you want to be twice as good as someone, you roll twice as much! It's statistics and science! Mathematics even!

And no, I'm not any good because of above stated reasons.. I don't roll as much and as regularly as I should. But do as I say, not as I do, lol!

Array

School
    self teaching at roehampton university
    well the books and videos help because the hotboxes are using them and they seem to be doing alright unless their training bjj as well

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    If you have a natural intuition for why your tech is or isn't working, and what needs to happen to improve it, you can def get good. Every good jj guy is self taught to some extent because nobody can put the reps in for you. But don't get the wrong idea. Its the long way. The fast track is with quality instructors and training partners. If you can't join, visit as much as possible and assimilate parts of their training. A lot of times it's just fighting for the right thing at the right time, and a good instructor can point out when you are or aren't doing this. Essentially, showing you 'shortcuts'. Or you could just change your title from coach to training partner and be cool with the taps. It is hard work being king of the hill around motivated athletes. Goodluck

Array

School
    deffianatly agree with what your saying. I carnt go to a gym because money and distance so just have to keep working on my technique and just have to keep training really appricate the input and help guys means a lot.

Sam Sales

its all about repetition and putting the time in 'on the mats' rolling.
    I know guys that can show me 100 different techniques that they have learnt from youtube and books etc, but they spend absolutely no time in classes or on the mats actually putting in to practice what they know. In turn us guys that don't know as many techniques, but do put the time in on the mats utterly control those guys. :-)

Array

School
    i put minimum of 6 hours a week on the mats or in my flat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12