Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough

AJ misses weight by 12lbs

Evans chalks it up to the amount of time that Johnson actually has to train and focus on technique, as opposed to how much time he spent in the past worrying about making weight to cut to 170lbs.
    “Where he is right now, he’s so scary. You can’t imagine how much of a difference moving up to middleweight has made to not only his strength but also his technique. As a welterweight, maybe 60% of his camp was about making 170lbs, leaving only 40% for boxing, striking, wrestling, BJJ, judo and everything else. Much less than half of his time was actually spent on improving his skills and transitions,” Evans said on Friday.
    “Now he’s spending maybe 80% and more on technique and real fitness training, not just training to lose pounds. He’s a scary, scary athlete right now. In practice with him some times, I was “Damn! What the hell is happening here? I’m not used to getting my ass kicked like this!” but he was just so ‘on’ he was beating my ass all over the gym on certain days.”

Apparently he shodnt have spent so much time on technique, what a crock
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    So stupid, maybe he should realize he is a pro fighter and gets paid to make weight and fight rather than disrespect his opponent, UFC and the fans by missing weight.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    And I thought it was bad back in 2008 in boxing when Joan Guzman moved up from 130 to 135 to fight Nate Campbell for the recognized Lightweight championship of the world and weighed in at 138.5, three-and-a-half pounds over the limit.

Rumble Johnson used to make 171, and was moving up 15 pounds to make a limit of 186. He missed it by ELEVEN POUNDS. That's just unacceptable for a professional athlete, and 20% of his purse is a huge blow considering he is likely not on the same pay scale as guys like GSP, Anderson or Brock.

WAR BELFORT.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    ...and nobody in his corner thought about stepping on the scale, say, on Wednesday? Just to see where he's at? "Holy shit bro, you're up half a weight class. We better get your ass in the sauna..." You are a PROFESSIONAL athlete. Make weight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    He deserves to have more that 20% taken. That much weight is rediculous. I hope the ufc cuts him for being unprofessional
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th planet hollywood
    him and paul daley should fight and whoever makes weight gets to be in the ufc

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    RIO DE JANEIRO – Dana White today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he's "beyond pissed" at Anthony Johnson (10-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) after the fighter came in 11 pounds overweight for a bout with Vitor Belfort (20-9 MMA, 9-4 UFC) at UFC 142.

The UFC president said Johnson came within a pound-and-a-half of the 186-pound limit allowed for non-title middleweight fights but was forced by a doctor to rehydrate because "he couldn't make it."

Now, Johnson is fighting for his job, regardless of whether he wins or loses the co-main event fight, which takes place Saturday at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

"His job is on the line," White said. "His job is absolutely on the line, win or lose."

White's explanation for Johnson's miss differed sharply from the fighter's representative. Johnson's manager, Glenn Robinson, today told Yahoo! Sports that the fighter fell ill three hours before weigh-ins and was instructed by UFC doctor Jeff Davidson to put fluids back into his body. Those fluids pushed Johnson to 197 pounds. (Robinson declined comment to MMAjunkie.com.)

"Complete and absolute unprofessionalism – that's what happened," White said. "There's no other way it can be explained.

Johnson was fined 20 percent of his "show" purse. It's the third time he's come in over weight in the UFC: At UFC 76, he fought Rich Clementi at a catchweight of 177.5, and at UFC 104, he fought Yoshiyuki Yoshida at 176 pounds. Against Yoshida, he was also fined 20 percent of his "show" purse.

However, the penalty for this infraction could be much worse.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    On the UFC countdown he said something about being 230 pounds at one time. I think he said partying caught up with him during his time off. I cant remember exactly what he said.

Im not saying this is what happened but a lot of guys will get super sick and rehydrate before weighing in hoping the other guy will just take the fight.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    RIO DE JANEIRO – Dana White today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he's "beyond pissed" at Anthony Johnson (10-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) after the fighter came in 11 pounds overweight for a bout with Vitor Belfort (20-9 MMA, 9-4 UFC) at UFC 142.

The UFC president said Johnson came within a pound-and-a-half of the 186-pound limit allowed for non-title middleweight fights but was forced by a doctor to rehydrate because "he couldn't make it."

Now, Johnson is fighting for his job, regardless of whether he wins or loses the co-main event fight, which takes place Saturday at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

"His job is on the line," White said. "His job is absolutely on the line, win or lose."

White's explanation for Johnson's miss differed sharply from the fighter's representative. Johnson's manager, Glenn Robinson, today told Yahoo! Sports that the fighter fell ill three hours before weigh-ins and was instructed by UFC doctor Jeff Davidson to put fluids back into his body. Those fluids pushed Johnson to 197 pounds. (Robinson declined comment to MMAjunkie.com.)

"Complete and absolute unprofessionalism – that's what happened," White said. "There's no other way it can be explained.

Johnson was fined 20 percent of his "show" purse. It's the third time he's come in over weight in the UFC: At UFC 76, he fought Rich Clementi at a catchweight of 177.5, and at UFC 104, he fought Yoshiyuki Yoshida at 176 pounds. Against Yoshida, he was also fined 20 percent of his "show" purse.

However, the penalty for this infraction could be much worse.
    Got distracted and you beat me to posting. Hmmmmm, never heard of forced re-hydration before. I'll have to remember that one

<<Thats all Im gonna say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast