Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    What's bad about hanging out in Chill Dog?
    Um nibiru warrior of the year said so!
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Um nibiru warrior of the year said so!
    Touche MDJ..touche
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I tend to try and move along because I want the sub!
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

invisible collar can give you a breather and you can tap people with it if you make the right adjustments.

Array

School
    10th. Planet Eugene
    I'm about your size and have a lot of trouble keeping guys from forcing over the unsecured leg - the guys are 100% right about the squeeze, hugging that knee and getting that opposite leg tight on their ribs, but while you're working on that you can try using that weakness and a little hip flexability as bait for the Carni: From Chill Dog you can sit far out on the off side hip (which will tighten your leg around their shoulder) and slip your attacking foot behind the knee of the free leg. From there he can pull back and lead you into an Omaplata, or force his way foreward (and usually over the free leg) right into the Carni.
    Haven't seen an effective counter to it yet (I'm sure Brent's working on something...) aside from freak core strength, and once guys realize you can crank out their arm they'll have to give you more time in Chill Dog to work the position.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by FirefightingJiuJitsu View Post
    I'm about your size and have a lot of trouble keeping guys from forcing over the unsecured leg - the guys are 100% right about the squeeze, hugging that knee and getting that opposite leg tight on their ribs, but while you're working on that you can try using that weakness and a little hip flexability as bait for the Carni: From Chill Dog you can sit far out on the off side hip (which will tighten your leg around their shoulder) and slip your attacking foot behind the knee of the free leg. From there he can pull back and lead you into an Omaplata, or force his way foreward (and usually over the free leg) right into the Carni.
    Haven't seen an effective counter to it yet (I'm sure Brent's working on something...) aside from freak core strength, and once guys realize you can crank out their arm they'll have to give you more time in Chill Dog to work the position.
    Dave here has some of the best Rubber Guard at 10th Planet Eugene. And he's a little guy
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    I was very comfy, till that little move where they stack you on their knuckles. Now I double bag instead of Zombie, or pump
    Been wondering if it works the same with mma gloves on

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    If you're not going to Invisible Collar you shouldn't hang out there, immediately move forward in the path.
    What if you're looking for a chin strap to go gogoplata?

Array

School
    RMNU
    From Chill Dog, do you guys have a sub in mind and go for it or wait and see what your opponent does?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    What if you're looking for a chin strap to go gogoplata?
    That would be moving forward in the path.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast