advice needed to pass legs

Hi I'm new to bjj and the only place near me to train is gi so I have just started and have managed to use the lockdown effectively. I watched eddies techniques section and seem to be not to bad at passing full guard with the white and blue belts. The main problem I'm having is passing the unusual guard and dont know the name to look it up on you tube.They grab my gi put their foot in my bicep and the other foot is on the hip. Its really frustrating I got to learn to pass it!! Any help would be much appreciated

Array

School
    mjolnir-iceland
    Don't be afraid to ask your training partners.

Array

School
    Griphouse, Glasgow, Scotland
    If they are controlling both arms with sleeve grips then that's spider guard. Easiest thing to do is swim the arm with the foot on the bicep free and with the opposite knee initiate a kind of knee drive pass. It's difficult to explain/for you to understand without seeing it. Just look up videos of passing spider guard.

Cheers Martin, they are controlling both sleeves, the foot in the hip seems tough to move but I will look up spider guard pass cheers.

Array

School
    Clear the foot on the bicep first and pin it to the ground and start working your pass. Don't worry so much about the one on the hip once you've done this.

Nice one cant wait to try it out, I must admit Im loving it but at the moment tapping more than thumper the rabbit

Array

School
    Well you may still have to worry about the foot but you should be able to smash it down once your at the angle to pass. Or if they switch to a knee shield then work your knee shield passes.

But what Vixil said ask your training partners as they will be able to see what your doing wrong better than anyone can give advice on a forum.

Yeah that happens at the beginning. Don't give up on it though, if your not tapping your not learning. When I get tapped I think about what I done wrong and try not to do it again.

Array

School
    Shayne Simpson MMA
    First 6 months of jits you are constantly learning to defend. Tap early and often so you can come back and train the next day. Be sure to watch out for those triangles when working on passing the spider guard!

cheers Jason , know what u mean about the triangles

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    There's a ton of spiderguard passes out there. Really effective too just look em up on youtube. Easier than remembering what someone typed out
    #10thplanetFREAKS