Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria

Who or What got you involved with 10th Planet?

Was it Eddie himself? One of the older moon instructors? A video you saw? Just curious...
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The fact that Mastering the Rubberguard doesn’t suck.

Array

School
    None
    It's funny because I was on YouTube a few years ago and ran into one of the Submissions 101 videos. There would be almost daily updates and Eddie was in some of them showing the 10th Planet techniques. One day all the videos with Eddie in them were taken down with a note saying it was because he was starting this site. Then here I am.

used fight people for fun. smoked weed, did mushrooms. Used to steal books like crazy because i lacked funds. stole mastering rubberguard. Was doing wrestling, and mma. signed up for bjj class on while on mushrooms. Used rubberguard from books and submissions 101. became obsessed. Jail. NOPE.JPEG. Reformed. Don't steal. No more stupid shit. pay for books. compete in bjj and no-gi and wrestle still. its been almost a year since i took that book. bought dvd's and other stuff with some gear to contribute. it's probably going towards 10p or weed so well spent even though i can't smoke anymore.

Fornicate with women and obtain currency on daily basis now. use twister more this year. Life slowly improving.

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    When I started jiu jitsu, I checked out every bjj book at the local library, and one of them happened to be eddies "jiu jitsu unleashed" book. I read the book along with the other gracie style bjj books and loved the techniques in jiu jitsu unleashed. It was until I begun formal instruction that I learned eddies style of jiu jitsu was "different" and non traditional, I just assumed jiu jitsu was jiu jitsu and I try to look at it in that way to this day with no limitations.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlemange August K. View Post
    used fight people for fun. smoked weed, did mushrooms. Used to steal books like crazy because i lacked funds. stole mastering rubberguard. Was doing wrestling, and mma. signed up for bjj class on while on mushrooms. Used rubberguard from books and submissions 101. became obsessed. Jail. NOPE.JPEG. Reformed. Don't steal. No more stupid shit. pay for books. compete in bjj and no-gi and wrestle still. its been almost a year since i took that book. bought dvd's and other stuff with some gear to contribute. it's probably going towards 10p or weed so well spent even though i can't smoke anymore.

Fornicate with women and obtain currency on daily basis now. use twister more this year. Life slowly improving.
    This is awesome!

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    My old instructor was talking shit about Eddie and i had no idea who Eddie was at the time. So I went online and saw that he had a few books out. I went to Barnes and Noble and bought jiu jitsu unleashed. The rest is history

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    After few months of training someone was trying to put me in a twister. I asked what it was and the dude mentioned Eddie. YouTube the guy and never looked back since lol
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lopez View Post
    When I started jiu jitsu, I checked out every bjj book at the local library, and one of them happened to be eddies "jiu jitsu unleashed" book. I read the book along with the other gracie style bjj books and loved the techniques in jiu jitsu unleashed. It was until I begun formal instruction that I learned eddies style of jiu jitsu was "different" and non traditional, I just assumed jiu jitsu was jiu jitsu and I try to look at it in that way to this day with no limitations.
    Jiu Jitsu is Jiu Jitsu and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It goes both ways too. I've seen guys on this site that think anything not 10p is "traditional" or "basics" which it is not. I like your attitude.

An old best of ADCC dvd. There was a clip at the end of Eddie showing techniques. I've been a fan ever since.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast