Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Got abducted by Greys. They told me to connect with other Nibiru Warriors on earth. So I googled it. Found you guys. Learned that apparently Aliens love hand to hand combat. Now I am a grappler.

Array

School
    10th planet hollywood
    because zombies dont know jiu jitsu and if that shit really happens like in the movies i wanna be ready
    Last edited by Zac_Anderson; 01-20-2012 at 09:30 AM.

I was on an MMA forum and guys were trashing rubber guard as being a stalling position, calling Eddie a fraud who sells "fake jiu jitsu". This peaked my curiosity. I searched youtube for everything I could find on rubber guard and Eddie Bravo. After seeing the techniques and hearing Eddie's point of view, it was obvious that he's a good guy with good intentions, lots of passion, and a phenomenal bag of tricks. I've been a big fan of 10th Planet ever since.

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    Submissions 101

Array

School
    Electric City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    Heard Joe mention how someone was doing RG wrong during an old UFC. Thought "Hmmm... Wonder what it's supposed to look like..."
    He was saying matt horwich needs to hug the knee! that's when I started googling lol

Love no gi so when I started looking into the system I was hooked intantly.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Started training almost five years ago and wanted to compete in MMA. One of our instructors had the local title at 185 for a while and was (is) NASTY with the 10th Planet half guard game but because of his build/inflexibility he couldn't really get too much into the RG. I watched a video super early in my "career" where Eddie was talking about how if you want to fight MMA and you're not a wrestler you're gonna need to learn the bottom game because that's where you're gonna be fighting from and this made a ton of sense to me. I started stretching and working the Rubber Guard into my arsenal and now four years and some change later I've got my first fight booked for Feb. 11th(Vid will be posted)...Wish me luck fuckers!

Array

School
    Morcegao BJJ
    Started training in 2002 in JKD and FMA, and Jiu jitsu in 2003. Saw King of the cage and loved the detail and strategy of the grappler.
    Loved Eddies commentary, his views, his personality and his concepts.
    Here in the UK at that time purple belts and Browns (Eddies grade at time)were a BIG DEAL so respected everything being said.

Now I try to convince everyone that is all Jiu jitsu and enjoy choking the shit out of people using the 'Gentle Art'

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    Submissions 101, my friend Nate(i introduced him to jitz and now he passed my ass up and is a purple), and Hightimes

Array

School
    mjolnir-iceland
    Joe Rogan

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    In my opinion if you're interest is self defense or mma, eddies approach is one of the most realistic. especially when you're the small man who tends to be on bottom. I like his half guard concepts with the lockdown. I feel rubber guard is a lot more straight forward and practical than people make it out to be. I was working at OTM hawaii and got the mastering the rubber guard dvd along with the mastering the twister book. I just thought the theory and application were far more valid than the vast library of other jiujitsu instructionals we had. Everything feels attainable when you're inspired by someone who truly pushed his drive and creativity in his craft rather than reciting the dogma of tradition.

ps
    I feel this system and approach is more aggressive in terms of pushing your opponents step by step from an advantageous position, to a bad position, into a set up and finally the submission.
    Last edited by La'akea Sanborn; 01-20-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast