Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    While i agree with the lesson, I think there's also merit to knowing your own personal thresh hold for particular submissions. tapping is one part of that learning process but working through them is also another. As you get more familiar with the sensation and mechanics of different submissions at some point you wanna try to find defenses or common weak points in attempts that are performed improperly. This will allow you to determine when you've been secured in the proper manner or where there's holes to wiggle out of. It also kinda familiarizes yourself with the limitations you have on certain types of submissions. I personally get a bit frustrated with guys who tap so quickly. While i respect that not everyone has the same aspirations in training, there are guys who almost instantly tap when a submission attempt is made. No one gains an honest experience that way either, so it's really about trust and comfort. there are some guys who you know are gonna go for the glory and some guys who you also know have a sense of control about them. Something that I tend to be aware of while on the mat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12