Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ Sisco View Post
    thanks everyone... and yes the pain has gotten to the point that I don't even want to walk. I try to fight through it but it feels like my joints are made of flint and everytime I move them I get an overwhelming burn feeling. I've gotten to the point that I can't hardly train at all
    which joints hurt you the most?

Array

School
    10th Planet Poplar Bluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ Sisco
    thanks everyone... and yes the pain has gotten to the point that I don't even want to walk. I try to fight through it but it feels like my joints are made of flint and everytime I move them I get an overwhelming burn feeling. I've gotten to the point that I can't hardly train at all
    I think we are over training our bodies. After you break them down your suppose to nourish the muscle with the proper nutrients and give it time to recover. My three hour dental surgery yesterday felt nice compared to the constant pain in my hip. I think we both need to take a day or two off each week and not train so we can just heal & recover. I'll happily push through pain to improve but at this point I think over training is doing more harm than good and a little rest would be best.

Array

School
    10th Planet Poplar Bluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamze

I think we are over training our bodies. After you break them down your suppose to nourish the muscle with the proper nutrients and give it time to recover. My three hour dental surgery yesterday felt nice compared to the constant pain in my hip. I think we both need to take a day or two off each week and not train so we can just heal & recover. I'll happily push through pain to improve but at this point I think over training is doing more harm than good and a little rest would be best.
    Otherwise when we go to HQ in a couple weeks we will be using those Jazzy elec. Wheelchairs!

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    I'm getting elbow pains. Anybody find anything concrete?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Cummings View Post
    I'm getting elbow pains. Anybody find anything concrete?
    From what I've read, most jiujitsu related elbow injuries are due to a hyper extension of the elbow. At least that's what mine are from. The most extensive research on elbow hyper extension recovery and care is probably in the sport of tennis. I can't think of another sport that would have more experience and resources.

If I were you, I would begin researching tennis elbow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123