Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    It sounds romantic. But I guarantee it will suck. Im all for challenges, adventures, and journeys while testing myself, but there is also a level of hygiene and nutrition I like to keep. Good luck.

Fuck all that noise go big or go home. Get a reality show!!!!!!

Array

School
    NA
    Just curious what is the reasoning behind this? are u planning on moving from there? do you want to do this to say you did it or is it financially hard to goto cali and you are looking at this as an option?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Sounds like a cool idea. Definitely a motorcycle would be easier and faster, but as everyone mentions, you may be doing a spiritual(find yourself journey), so if walking is what you'll like, do it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    George Meegan walked from the tip of South America to Alaska. Took him almost 7 years. Got married and had 2 kids along the way. He's written a book about it (which I've not read)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Meegan

Array

School
    Indie/Suffolk MMA/ Combat Sports and Fitness Center
    Sorry it took so long to respond guys, and Thanks for all the replies! I'll answer some questions now I guess:

Tony Garcia - You are the man! Thanks for the support bro!

Jack LaBarge - I'll get to WHY? in a second, and I have only smoked once this week (Tuesday). It sucks... I have been thinking about it for a while now. First crossed my mind last summer.

John Alighieri - Definitely good advice. Maybe 10th Planet could sponsor, that would be rad!

Jonathan Wylie - Great idea and something similar had crossed my mind, but a motorcycle would be too easy. I want to prove to myself (and others. aka bragging rights) that I can do it. I like to challenge myself.

As to WHY? I want to do this... There are a number of reasons and Im not sure where to start, and I'll probably leave somethings out unintentionally. I'm just scatterbrained.

1. As said above, I like to challenge myself. I like pushing myself through things that seem hard or even impossible. I think that started when I ate 8 grams of mushrooms and went through some serious shit haha. We'll save that story for another time. That's why I enjoy CrossFit so much. No matter how dizzy I get, or how much I puke, or how hard it is the put the weight up, I always push my self through and finish, and I love that feeling when you're done. When you've finished something you thought you couldn't do, or wouldn't make it. Just like MMA. Stepping in that cage with another man that wants to pound your face in is a little intimidating. One of you is going to walk out a looser, and that's a scary thing for alot of dudes. My record now is 2-0.

2. I need a drastic change. My Audio/Visual business is slowing down and not looking so hot. My percussionist pretty much bailed on me, so all the time, money, and energy put into my musical endeavors is wasted, if not on hold for a long while. I also manage a gym, and I enjoy it, but that is also in the air. Been trying to get my CrossFit affiliate for 2 months. We are approved, just need the 3 grand, and it always seems like there is something more important to spend it on. (aka Overhead)

3. I have lost all faith in Civilization. I am convinced it will collapse. Whether it's in 2012 or 2050, it will happen, and this oil based, culture of exploitation just won't suffice if there is to be any life left on the planet after we (humans) are gone. I'd like to see this country in the most intimate way possible before it is completely destroyed. (example: desserts, red wood forests, Rocky/Appalachian mountains , etc) Yeah, so what... I'm a Hippy!

4. Finding myself is always a plus too I guess. I know the 3 things that I MUST keep in my life because I enjoy them are (not in any particular order) Jits, CrossFit, and Music. I hope this clears some things up for you guys. Thanks for all the support, advice, laughs, and replies guys! My 10th Planet family is the best!

Array

School
    Ronin
    On one hand it does sound like some crazy hippie shit but on the other hand it sounds pretty fucking cool! So if its what you really want to do and you are up for it GO FOR IT!
    The only thing I would say is make sure you have an Iphone so you can video pic and update us here on the forum Good luck and keep us updated!
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    You only live once right? (depending on your belief system). I say go for it. Be sure to keep us updated!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Maybe not killing it but 10th Planet Portland is
    #10thplanetFREAKS

If you have the fortitude I would do it. You could hit up gyms all across the nation. Meet cool people. If you decide to do it just make sure to keep a journal and take as many pictures as possible. You never know what could come of your adventure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast