Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla

all jj academies in colombia are using crossfit. How important is this method for bjj

all jj academies in colombia are using crossfit. How important is this method for bjj??

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Extremely important! Crossfit and similar programs focus on core strength, explosiveness, flexibility and endurance, all essential for competitors and fighters. Favoring dynamic motions over static motions is a essential part of the Crossfit training philosophy, Which translates beautifully to Jiu Jitsu. We've had a similar program for about 3 years now. Its a very important part of the equation at my Academy.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla
    ok great thanks!! im gonna get the necessary tuttoring then!!

If the coaches are good understand proper form is important and functional movements / sport specific training is key then go for it but if not avoid it at all cost there are a lot of "coaches/trainers" that have no idea what they are doing.

"Any Coach can make you Tired, not every Coach can make you Better!"
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Ya Nathan crossfit is a great way to get a dynamic explosive body but its also a great way to over train and get injured which results in less time on the mats. Do it right or not at all like Dennis said. And come back to Montreal!!!
    "Like A Wild Fuckin Savage from the Dark Side of Danger" - Ninja

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan cybul View Post
    all jj academies in colombia are using crossfit. How important is this method for bjj??
    How did I miss this thread. If anyone has any questions about Crossfit I would love to answer any questions to the best of my ability. I am a Crossfit CF-L1 trainer and will have a Crossfit Affiliate by the end of the month. One of my friends owns a huge Crossfit gym in PA, and I have many contacts that have been doing Crossfit for over 5 years. I personally have been training myself and my athletes for 2 years. Hit me up if anything comes up. I know there is another crossfit trainer that is on the forum as well.

Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla
    what zup josh! ok, so an you tellme the direct benefits of crossfit in jiujitsu? and is there any way to replace crossfit with other sports? like running, swimming biking etc? thank you!

Dustin C.

I would love to do cross fit but it kills the pocket book, $150+/month in So Cal. Cant afford to do cross fit and Jits, anyone wanna make some donations to my training fund? lol

Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla
    there are a lot of crossfit routines in youtube. actually very specific so just take matter in your own hands!

You know what makes u better at bjj? Doing more bjj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast