Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    It is something I started when I found out there was blind Judo players and a high level black belt told me that a lot of times they are better because they can feel the opponents movements faster than someone can see them.
    I love doing it. I did however stop telling my training partners I was doing it because I think some of them took it the wrong way. I say try it.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside, California
    Have known about the blind practicing Judo since the 1970's. Grappling is the ideal
    sport for the blind. I've been practicing grappling with my eyes closed since the 90's.
    For grappling demo's we would cover our eyes with a black blind fold cloth. I have a cool video
    of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Joe Camacho doing a no-gi grappling demo with his eyes covered
    with a black blind fold. He was doing a regular grappling demo and I suggested he put the
    blind fold on. He did all the ground grappling techniques with the blind fold that he had done with
    his eyes open.

Judo for the Blind
    The fact that almost 100 blind and V.I. youngsters presently practice Judo at Athlone is an indication of how enjoyable they find it. Their Judo is a passport to an ...
    thejudokan.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&... - Cached
    Judo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    * History and philosophy|
    * Judo waza (techniques)|
    * Pedagogy|
    * Competitive Judo
    Atemi-waza are not permitted outside of kata. Pedagogy Randori (free practice) Judo ... Paralympic judo: modified for blind and visually impaired competitors. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judo - Cached
    More results from en.wikipedia.org »
    About Us | Blind Judo Foundation - promoting the sport of ...
    Blind Judo Foundation is a non-profit organization, promoting the sport of ... Guemati says Judo is a sport of practice – practice – practice. Not only is she a Judo ...
    www.blindjudofoundation.org/aboutus.php - Cached
    Paralympic judo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    * Rules|
    * Competitors|
    * External links|
    * References
    Judo for blind including details of paralympics; Judo for blind athletes; Info from the ... Sparring · Randori · Forms (kata) · Pushing hands · Punching bag · Practice ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paralympic_Judo - Cached
    Benefits of Sport Judo for Blind and Visually Impaired People
    In practice, seeing persons do not look at their opponents during combat; they try ... participating in competitive sports with a visual impairment or coaching blind Judo ...
    judoinfo.com/blind.htm - Cached

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    I sometimes roll with my eyes closed, usually in the bottom position. But even more often i drill with my eyes closed. You guys should definitely try that as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Used to do it all the time in Roc. Not so much here. I think some of that comes down to trusting and knowing your training partners well. When you've got a good roll going and you're both just flowing it's great to close your eyes and just go with it. Especially if you have some quality herbal supplement on board.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Been doing this for a while. Was just talking to Omar about it. I think its a much better way to train your body to feel movement. I tend to react faster to threats when my eyes are closed. Also it helps my breathing and calmness.

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene
    Gerald sometimes has us do matches and turns off the lights in the gym..its funny to see they way the start then where they end up when the lights are on.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I do roll with my eyes closed a lot, first because I wear contacts and lost so many during rolling lol and also it helps me pay more attention to my opponent's reaction. I pay attention to their breathing patterns, how tense they become... Those are the tell tell signs of what's bound to happen
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    all great stuff guys. cool stuff about the blind judo.

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    I roll with my eyes closed when someone wears shorts and their nuts are showing through the leg hole.

Array

School
    Hitchcock Martial Arts
    I almost always roll with my eyes shut. its actual become a bad habit because i have had my cornerman in mma fights yell at me to open my eyes during a fight lol. so as in all things use in moderation

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast