Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland

Rolling with eyes closed

Have you guys ever tried this out. a couple of important things are having enough mat space that you dont have to worry about smashing into anybody and also having a training partner you can trust. start of at a chill pace from butterfly, half guard or gaurd but before you know it you are nearly rolling live. i have never done a sensory deprivation chamber but i could imagine what it is like just from rolling with my eyes closed. after a while you forget that your eyes are closed and you can feel the moves better than you ever have before. there is even a crazy sense of timelessness that comes with it. the craziest part is when you finally open your eyes and it is almost like a distraction. all the colors and position of the room totally trip you out because if you get into it you forget about everything. try it out. let me know what you think.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Pedro Sauer taught this as a way to feel your opps movements. I like it alot too!

i close my eyes a lot rolling.

Array

School
    10th planet riverside
    I love it. I've had guys get mad, think I'm taking them lightly.

Array

School
    ronin style
    I think its all about having a rolling partner who is not egotistical or a douche bag and understands that your not going 100% and you are concentrating more on the technique of things and finding openings. Luckily, I have a great training partner who I trust and find that this kind of rolling is very benificial in feeling the small little movements and shifts in body wieght that may get overlooked with eyes open.

Array

School
    NA
    ya i did this before at the place i used to train....our professor told us about getting used go it being beneficial to feeling your body and opponents when your vision might be handicapped (especially those of us that wear glasses/contacts)....so one thing we'd do is to dim the lights so you can see just enought if u need to when rotating, but focus on rolling with your eyes closed...the analogy besides your vision handicapped is if you are attacked in a dark ally or something as well..makes a lot of sense to me actually....also when you take away your eyes as a means of focus/distraction as stated above.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    be water my friend

First NAGA I went to I saw a guy jump guard and start working from the bottom trying to break the top guy down. The guy on top was strong and trying to stack... So the guy on bottom closed his eyes and took a deep breath to settle down and the Ref stops the match and said he went out.... Guy on top who was stuck in the others guard got the win for doing absolutely nothing.... It was one of the worst ref calls ever.

Array

School
    Tanshin Dojo
    I roll with my eyes closed all the time I find I can focus alot better and am less distracted

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Just don't close your eyes when being choked, you will go to sleep quicker!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast