Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Allen View Post
    Now you're going all Cecil Peoples on leg kicks? =P

From my perspective, I saw Nick getting outstruck pretty easily. I kept waiting for the moment where he landed a bomb to rock him, or for Carlos to slow down and Nick starts catching him more. It never happened. The reverse happened actually, Carlos was pouring on the heat for the last 3 rounds and Nick still could barely find him. I know I can't wait to rewatch it later.
    I believe Cecil was actually one of the judges lol.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Yes I thought confit won 3 rounds to 2. The announcers also thought the same. Standing an banging with nick Diaz is s death sentence. Carlos was smart to not engage when in the cage. Striking numbers are one thing but nick was beat up an Carlos definately landed the harder shots. There's no stat for that. I think the 49-46 scores were crap though. 48-47 was about right.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    *on the cage.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Some of you guys are really funny, take away the leg kicks that did no damage and Nick Diaz would have won?!?! Condit broke the UFC record on leg kicks landed. Those leg kicks are the reason why Nick could have not engaged the same way he did to BJ Penn, they are the reason why he slowed down, or could not cut the ring as effectively as he could of. Also what makes you think they did no damage? When is the last time you got kicked in the leg 75 times in 25 minutes?
    Just because Nick Diaz has the mental stability of a 2 year old and throws a temper tantrum after every time things don't go his way, does not mean he took no damage and Condit ran. If you think being a professional fighter is playing to your opponents strengths, then you are wrong.
    Condit is a fighter, he wants to win and be a champion, he is not a punching bag that needs to stand in front of Diaz to show the world how great Diaz is.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    Some of you guys are really funny, take away the leg kicks that did no damage and Nick Diaz would have won?!?! Condit broke the UFC record on leg kicks landed. Those leg kicks are the reason why Nick could have not engaged the same way he did to BJ Penn, they are the reason why he slowed down, or could not cut the ring as effectively as he could of. Also what makes you think they did no damage? When is the last time you got kicked in the leg 75 times in 25 minutes?
    Just because Nick Diaz has the mental stability of a 2 year old and throws a temper tantrum after every time things don't go his way, does not mean he took no damage and Condit ran. If you think being a professional fighter is playing to your opponents strengths, then you are wrong.
    Condit is a fighter, he wants to win and be a champion, he is not a punching bag that needs to stand in front of Diaz to show the world how great Diaz is.
    Gotta agree, I train stand up and one of the first things you learn is strike and move. It would not have been smart to stand and bang with Diaz. Yeah I wish somebody would have finished the fight but Condit definately won.

Lost respect for Diaz running his mouth at the end, should have took it like a man

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I was so excited once the fight hit the floor. I honestly thought it was done. Good defense by Condit
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Charles Gracie
    You know what would solve all these issues?
    Unlimited rounds till someone taps or naps no more scores.
    Thats the only way you are going to see real fighters that can keep a pace and have the mind set that they need to finish.

The more big wins come down to points the less your going to see what got mma to the point its at now with popularity.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    I completely disagree. Condit engaged plenty...look at nick diaz face. He was smart...he didn't engage against the cage where Diaz is most dangerous. He slipped out an engaged back in the center. I'm fine with that. Diaz was clearly frustrated because condit didn't play his game. Lost alot of respect for Diaz after the fight too.
    Well said.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    It's simple, if you are happy with the way Condit won then you like games and sports. And if you're not happy about the way fight went and feel like Condit ruined what could of been the best fight ever, then you like fighting. The problem with guys from Jackson's camp is they look at MMA as if it's a game similar to Candy Land or Hungry Hungry Hippos and not like it's a fight, then they call themselves, and I'm quoting Condit himself, "a warrior". How are you going to call yourself a warrior yet play point games in the cage? The outcome of this fight isn't what disturbed me, I'd be happy for Condit if he did his job and entertained me, a paying fan, yet he didn't. He bored me to piss and that is why Jackson's gym is bad for MMA, they don't give a shit about the fans or their enjoyment of the fight. If Griffin and Bonnar were from Jackson's Gym, and fought like Condit did last night, the UFC wouldn't of become the power house that it is today.
    Condit = Gamer
    Diaz = Warrior

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    I was hoping for Diaz to win, so we could see him submit GSP. However, Condit fought smart. Although, I was disappointed with the "running", his hit and run style worked for him. I can't say who won and who lost. I do think Nick had octagon control, aggression, and got the only takedown. Condit just did more damage, especially with the leg kicks. Good fight though. Really had me on the edge of my seat, especially when Diaz took his back. Looking forward to seeing a rematch.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast