Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, Mo.

My LA/HQ Trip Journal

I figure I'll keep updating this post everyday to let everyone know how my experience has been if that bores you then you don't have to read! haha

Day 1: Flew in last night and it was my first flight ever. I thought I would be terrified but I actually didn't do to bad. I'm staying at the Hollywood Hills Hotel and it's actually pretty nice. Just a couple of miles away from HQ but in this traffic it might as well be 50 miles. Before class started in the evening, Jamze and I decided to go do some tourist shit. Walk of Fame and such... Hollywood sign... Then straight to class! As soon as I walked in the first person I ran into was Junie Browning! And he was a pretty cool guy... We chatted for a while about random shit and then later on I met him again when the class started. Eddie was in the Hawaiian Gardens tonight so Compella was teaching class. But, after a few minutes I wasn't disappointed at all because Compella made class really interesting and was an excellent teacher I ran into a guy named Nathan who had made a long trip to train out here too! awesome timing brotha! I got to meet some of the people I see every day on MTS and it was weird because even though they didn't know who I was, I was decently familiar with them! I was so familiar with the place from MTS that it truly felt like home! Everyone has been incredibly nice and I am excited to get to sleep and go train again tomorrow!

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    hell ya man see you tomorrow

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Keep up the journal man, interesting read.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    Ronin
    Cool shit man, keep it coming.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Good stuff brotha! Compella's cool people. I'm gonna try to get up there this week.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Youre living my dream right now. Keep up the posts!
    "Like A Wild Fuckin Savage from the Dark Side of Danger" - Ninja

Array

School
    Griphouse, Glasgow, Scotland
    Good idea, looking forward to reading it

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, Mo.
    Day 2: I'm doing this on my iPhone so forgive any errors I might make. It's only 2:19pm right now so I still have a lot of the day left so I will update day 2 later. But, some great stuff happened and I want to write about it.

I woke up pretty late this morning around 11 oclock and I knew class started at 11:30 so Jamze and I had to hurry! Luckily the Armenian cab drivers are crazy and force there way through traffic! So Eddie shows up to class and most of the class was full of out of towners!!! People from Australia, Switzerland, New Jersey, Oregan, and New Zealand! It made my little trip from Missouri look pathetic haha... So since there were so many people there Eddie wanted to see where we stood so he made us do little matches... Turns out Nathan Orchard is a badass little mofo! I was very impressed with this self taught Ronin! He's a straight up beast! Jamze and a guy named Ryan rolled... And then another guy and myself... I ended up tapping him with a guillotine Marcelo style about halfway through our time limit which was good because I was getting tired because my heart was racing 5 million beats per second with Eddie watching me closely! Lol so then we just find someone and roll for a bit... I rolled with the same guy again and we have a nice roll but then Eddie wanted me to roll with one of his blue belts... Once again I am bit tired... Nerves and such plus body fat so I play chill on this roll... But we had a very nice roll too which ended in no submissions... Then Eddie wanted me to roll with another guy and I finished with a gogoplata... Eddies class was really awesome! Eddie is funny as hell and a very nice guy... In fact once again everyone I run into here is amazingly nice!... Oh taco joint across the street.. Straight up props! That shit was delicious! I have one more class at 8:30 tonight and I'll update afterward! Thanks guys!

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    thanks man (:

Array

School
    Ronin around with couple Guys
    PJ got some sweet flexability for a big man!! Niice!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast