Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    It's inspiring to see how Ari has taken the heat and used it as motivation to grow. I've never heard Ari talk trash and is always been respectful and supportive of his 10th Planet brethren. Kuddos brotha!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Bolden View Post
    Thanks guys

Here is the skinny. I've made mistakes in the past. As I have always stated, I was never trying to misrepresent myself-ever. Before I started BJJ or even 10th Planet, I never realized how passionate these 'guys' were. Now, several years later, I get it. I did what I needed to for Eddie. I GREW into my purple under him (2007). I started doing BJJ (gi) and started at white belt. No special treatment from Keith Owen. I am now a 2 stripe purple under him. I could sit here writing a novel. There are things I would change and others that I certainly would not. I look forward to seeing Eddie at HQ and trying for my brown.

I will do my best and see where that lands me. In the end, all I ever wanted to was to promote jiu jitsu, introduce it to people and build ideas through my site. Today, its the largest You Tube channel for Jiu Jitsu. I am more than happy to promote other teachers. We've introduced thousands of people to 10th Planet and Jiu Jitsu in general. Now with two tv deals and also a deal with the largest You Tube channel in the works, the sky is the limit.

To quote Will Smith: If you are absent from my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

Finally, a heartfelt thank you to EDDIE BRAVO who helped me expand my knowledge and ALWAYS supported me. Loyalty is a two way street and not forgotten on my end.To the rest (and BJJ players who read this), just do what you do.
    Well said. I especially appreciate your passion regarding the part I bolded in red. A lot of guys are in this for themselves. It's awesome that you want to SHARE. I enjoy watching your videos. I admire your fortitude. Keep up the good work. Obviously it's benefitting the community, so there's no reason to stop.

I have had the pleasure of being friends with Ari for a long time now. Before any of my fights and radio show etc..., before any of his major growth, and base my relationship with him solely on character.

I have been involved, to an extent, in dealing with all the backlash. In fact that's probably a huge understatement. Its not worth the time as people who haven't been hit in the head as much figured out quicker, Im also just willing stand in the public cross-hairs with a true friend I suppose.

Im a 4 stripe Gracie Barra Blue closing in on my purple and I have shared stuff from Ari's videos and Eddie's books that have helped peoples game. A Lot of people from traditional schools disregard 10th planet and of course that's fine with me. Personally, RG saved my ass twice in MMA, and its a huge adjunct to my traditional BJJ training, so I am nothing but thankful to the innovators and the people who spread the ideas that helped me so much. I think being a bit crazy has helped me more than any art in MMA but thats a whole other story!

In the end Ari, like all of us, is a person first, and a title later. He has been nothing but honest, let me stay at his place free as long as I wanted, I didn't bat an eye at flying up to Canada to be a part of his wedding, I could go on....I have met the people he employees and students he influences. To me, this is truly a person of character, and if you guys knew him as well as I do you would only second these praises.

Eddie, I have to give you a shout out too, every time we have all gotten together you have been selfless and truly there to have a good time. Alot of people think your out to just make money and don't realize you care as much about the people around you and the sport itself. You have had more haters than anyone in the sport of Jiu Jitsu and should start giving seminars on how to handle haters lol Back when you were a DJ, or right before that Royler match, or your first affiliation you didn't have to deal with any of this Bull Shit. With the love comes the hate my friend. Id say you handle it like a champ.

I love the quote. There were alot of ways Ari could have tried to take advantage of my connections inside and outside of MMA when we met. The financial position I was in. Instead Ari didn't ask for a dime or request any favors, he behaved in a way that showed his true character. I will never forget that, a true class act!

I do not consider Will Smith a philosopher ; ) but its worth stating again-
    If you are absent from my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success. Amen.

Our game-plan is working well: Head down and moving forward my friend...

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Besides my brother Ari is the reason Im into the system. First video I saw was the wicked gogoplata and I was like DAAAYUM I gotta learn how to do that and I have never looked back. If I had a question about something he would answer fast and I never once had a question go unanswered!!! Keep doing what you doing Ari!!!!!!
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    To be honest Ari Bolden is the dude that got me into doing the 10th planet style of jiu jitsu. You (eddie bravo) was the first black belt I ever herd of, I actually thought u were like one of the biggest jiu jitsu guys out there lol, I had no idea u had a bunch of haters at the time back in 2009. Because of him I spent more that 300$ worth of your stuff and Im sure im not the only one, so good on Ari nothing but positive things to say about the guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    In a nutshell, a few years ago Ari made youtube BJJ instructional videos and wore his JJJ black belt. He got alot of flack for it so he stopped wearing it. Ari likes to make instructional videos but generally, the mma world doesn't like dudes making videos who have never competed. Ari then competed. Ari is now planning a trip in June to HQ to see how close he is to his brown. That's basically it. Ari has introduced ALOT of people to the 10th Planet lifestyle thru Submissions101 and has produced some bad ass tpjj phenoms, like Jean Marc "Red", Kaiser, and Tristen. I'm looking forward to seeing where Ari is at, I haven't seen him in quite a while

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    that's so true, same here, oss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trez "Rat" Reyna View Post
    Besides my brother Ari is the reason Im into the system. First video I saw was the wicked gogoplata and I was like DAAAYUM I gotta learn how to do that and I have never looked back. If I had a question about something he would answer fast and I never once had a question go unanswered!!! Keep doing what you doing Ari!!!!!!

I just wish that Ari would delete or re-film some of his really old videos. Some of them are absolutely terrible. I know he's much better now, but some of those old videos are as bad as bad can get.

Flame away. But before you do, go watch the old sub 101 anaconda choke video.

But I do thank him for getting me interested in 10th Planet.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    I just wish that Ari would delete or re-film some of his really old videos. Some of them are absolutely terrible. I know he's much better now, but some of those old videos are as bad as bad can get.

Flame away. But before you do, go watch the old sub 101 anaconda choke video.

But I do thank him for getting me interested in 10th Planet.

Oh there are definitely some bad ones, I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that disagrees with you.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Barbara
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    In a nutshell, a few years ago Ari made youtube BJJ instructional videos and wore his JJJ black belt. He got alot of flack for it so he stopped wearing it. Ari likes to make instructional videos but generally, the mma world doesn't like dudes making videos who have never competed. Ari then competed. Ari is now planning a trip in June to HQ to see how close he is to his brown. That's basically it. Ari has introduced ALOT of people to the 10th Planet lifestyle thru Submissions101 and has produced some bad ass tpjj phenoms, like Jean Marc "Red", Kaiser, and Tristen. I'm looking forward to seeing where Ari is at, I haven't seen him in quite a while
    Ari was sharing some of the most detailed and well done videos when I first started training back in 09/10. I can honestly say, that his videos are what made me look into 10th Planet and the rest is history. Mistakes and miscommunication will happen, but it's about how you react to it all and Ari handled it all respectfully IMO. So thanks brother

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    4yr old throwback lol
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast