Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I've been using the shoulder clamp grip for years now on bigger guys in my HG game. I had this problem before all this great info on the web, so I tried to find a solution on my own. It is just starting to be effective for me. I'll try to explain: I clamp grip on the shoulder like you are going for a straight arm bar from Full guard. I torgue and whip up(as best you can) the HG while driving the opponents shoulder (and face) to the mat. The more you roll the shoulder the better. During this, I roll to my hip/shoulder and scoot my butt out. If you keep what would be your pimp arm elbow tucked into your chest during the clamp, you should be able to pull it back down when you release the clamp for the perfect doubles. Sometimes if I clamp real good and start to slide it down the arm I can really pressure for a straight arm and get the person to try and free their arm over my head, I let them and take the back. Sometimes they posture and pull their arm straight out, I then dive for the old school sweep or electric chair if they base out with the free leg. The real trick is just getting enough space to pass your pimp arm up past his shoulder to get the clamp grip. You'll be amazed how much control you have with a lockdown and a shoulder clamp. Just my 2cents for all the skinny guys(girls) that are sick of the fat dude just laying on them...

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder Hampel View Post
    I prefer to not whip up at all if possible. Whipping up means I'm flat on my back, a position I NEVER want to be in against a larger opponent. One of the newer ways I try to get my half guard is, by controlling the distance, and pulling my lockdown/half guard already on my side.

Maybe I'll post if on my email list if there's enough interest.
    I would be very interested in a breakdown of something like this. Are you pulling half guard and then going to the lockdown, or can you pull directly into the lockdown?

Array

School
    capojitsu
    I'm the smallest in my class, I'm 15 whenever I'm in half guard and I can't whip I go straight to super stomp

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I prefer to not whip up at all if possible. Whipping up means I'm flat on my back, a position I NEVER want to be in against a larger opponent. One of the newer ways I try to get my half guard is, by controlling the distance, and pulling my lockdown/half guard already on my side.

How can we convince you? I'm interested. Start a thread?

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Do you super stomp from double unders? They pass right away on me. I only super stomp with the over/under because of this. Do you just move your hands down and control the hips like a double pimp arm?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    Do you super stomp from double unders? They pass right away on me. I only super stomp with the over/under because of this. Do you just move your hands down and control the hips like a double pimp arm?
    Yeah, it seems like a waste of double underhooks to stomp.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu

This works well, really well for me with guys within 20lbs of me. Bigger guys still seem to roll and flatten me as I slide in before I get the perfect doubles locked. I end up flat on my back with the lockdown. Advice!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    This works well, really well for me with guys within 20lbs of me. Bigger guys still seem to roll and flatten me as I slide in before I get the perfect doubles locked. I end up flat on my back with the lockdown. Advice!
    Maybe use the momentum of them trying to flatten you to whip down. If you can get to your side on a whip down, double underhooks are easy to come by.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by David Stager View Post
    Maybe use the momentum of them trying to flatten you to whip down. If you can get to your side on a whip down, double underhooks are easy to come by.
    yeh, did see Eddie demostrate that and push in the persons arm pit. Going to refresh with video and I'll try that more tonight. Good advice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123