Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    K Madden

Anyone ever seen this? "Cowbell" Submission

While rolling, this came about when one of my students with a fairly good wrestling base (and little JJ) kept sitting up on me when I was trying to finish my omoplata. I have pretty good flexibility, so this came about. I asked around, looked around...and to date, have yet to see a submission like this.

The percentages on pulling it off when someone knows how to defend properly, are fairly low, but I've managed to hit it at near 100% when a guy sits up to avoid the Omoplata.

What do you guys think?
    We dubbed it the "Cowbell"

Array

School
    University of Jiu Jitsu, 10th Planet Vista
    Dude! Thats so badass! I never remembering seeing this and ive rained with great blackbelts all around.

K Madden

thanks man! its random as all hell, but lets hope it expands 10PJJ!

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Hmm, first let me just point out a few things you need to do:

Work on that transition to Chill Dog. You need to let go, clear the neck and re-attach. It's rare you'll be able to do it the way you do if someone knows what Rubber Guard is about. Also, NEVER grab around the inside of their leg like that. If they roll, you're in an omoplata yourself. Holding around the far leg, or onto the ankle is a more viable option.

That's not Jiu Claw, either. You need to straighten your legs as if you are in the lockdown, and be on your side facing away from him. In this case, your left side.

About the technique, I don't think I've ever seen anybody arch back like that to defend an omoplata, but this reminds me a little of the Twist-O-Plata

What is going to keep someone from limp arming out when your legs aren't extended? Seems a little loose to be able to work this in a live rolling scenario with someone who is used to RG and omo setups. Have you been successful with it when rolling with someone savvy to RG?

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Real loose through your entire technique. Your rubber guard is weak and your transition to chill dog is wrong as is your Kung Fu move. Way to many places that you give your opponent opportunities to escape. As far as your technique goes, its innovative and shows you're thinking, which is what 10th planet is about. Just tighten up your game

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Frank is correct, work on tightening your positions. I love the innovation, just need some work on your "foundation".

K Madden

thanks guys...the transitions were put there just to show the final result.
    good call though. guess if im showing it, i need to do it properly from beginning to end. haha
    the main point was to just show HOW I got there, and how to apply it.
    I appreciate it guys!

What Jay C and Frank said...

The technique reminds me of the Twist-O-Plata, too. If this works for you in sparring: Great!
    Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Would this be filed under "cool shit that happened during live rolling"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast