Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness

Google Goggles to Offer “Terminator”-Style Augmented Vision

source - http://www.ecouterre.com/google-to-s...nd/#more-57676

Reaching for your smartphone to gather bits of intelligence could soon be a thing of the past, according to the New York Times, which reveals that Google is developing a pair of eyeglasses that streams information onto the lenses in real time. The so-called “Google Goggles,” which sources say resemble Oakley “Thumps,” will be the technology behemoth’s foray into the realm of augmented reality, the ability to superimpose virtual data onto real-world environments.

Although a Google spokesman declined to comment, the company is much further along than people might expect, say insiders. People familiar with the device describe a small screen that will sit a few inches from the wearer’s eye, a 3G or 4G data connection, a camera, and a series of sensors that include motion and GPS.

They will also have a unique navigation system that uses head tilting to scroll and click,” according to Seth Weintraub, a blogger for 9 to 5 Google. “We are told it is very quick to learn and once the user is adept at navigation, it becomes second nature and almost indistinguishable to outside users,” he wrote this month.

An unending barrage of targeted ads aside, Google’s Goggles also bring up a morass of privacy issues, says Nick Bilton, who writes for the Times. “When someone is meeting a person for the first time, for example, Google could hypothetically match the person’s face and tell people how many friends they share in common on social networks,” he says.

Whether you see them as boon or bane, brace yourself: The glasses, which will cost “around the price of current smartphones” or between $250 and $600, are anticipated to go on sale before 2012 runs out.

-
    -
    -
    Im thinking its just the beginning of instant data on everyone from name,age,and friends, and criminal history, and eventually emotions, lie detection, illnesses or diseases, and body language details.

This actually sounds really legit. That price range seems reasonable too, i guess it all depends on its level of capability. I hope it doesn't bomb like the google phone...

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Majority Report?

Array

School
    10th Planet Swindon
    Please say it has X-ray capabilities lol

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I didn't even read all that, I just wanted to say your hair cut is wild b! Musta taken a while to get that work done.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I didn't even read all that, I just wanted to say your hair cut is wild b! Musta taken a while to get that work done.
    Google Goggles couldve read it all for you. Didnt take too long. Vitamins makin it grow back too fast