Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Mad Tiger Academy

I need a new workout...

I'm in the Army and I'm going to be starting up BJJ at Mad Tiger Academy within the next 2 months but I'm looking for a killer workout until then. Something that will get me ready for BJJ but will also get me in all around better shape. I don't want to look like a dumbass walking into a BJJ school out of shape. ANY HELP is appreciated. Thanks.

Man you can be in great shape and go to your frist BJJ class, and get a diffrent workout than what your usto. I see guys in great shape come in all the time, trying to roll and they get tired before i do when i am clearly not in any better shape then they are.Iam just usto rolling for longer periods of time, and of course technique. Just be ready to work on the frist day, you should do fine

Array

School
    Mad Tiger Academy
    I have heard that several times and I'm confident I'm ready too start, I guess personal pride just makes me want to get back into shape and be bigger, faster, stronger. I used to play football and weights and cardio were huge. I'm completely new to martial arts and I'm looking more to focus everything I do to benefit that. So I'm guessing my mindset has to change as well as my workouts. So again if anyone has any great workouts that work for them and are jujitsu/MMA/martial arts related, I would love it if you would share.

Array

School
    Tidewater Bjj
    Crossfit or Sealfit.

strength, cardio and speed can hinder your learning because you'll rely on that rather than technique. It's crucial in the beginning to not develop bad habits. I purposely stopped working out when I first started because it gave me no choice but to be technical. Now that I've done it for a while, I've started to work out again. don't be afraid to get beat because that's unavoidable. you need it to learn. just train.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    Tabata, HiiT, TRX the list is endless

Array

School
    Leading Edge MMA
    I did a lot of Crossfit when I started BJJ. I thought it was the best form of conditioning for BJJ, besides rolling itself (which I could only do twice a week). Most of the class at my level would be more tired by the end of class than I was, therefore giving me more time to think about technique as opposed to how much my lungs burn.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I recommend crossfit as well. Josh instructs it at 10th planet Chicago for conditioning and it feels great and kicks your ass, without taking too much time. Before joining I did s&c at my local gym and while I was somewhat strong and looked ripped from it, alot of what I had developed until then just isn't that functional for grappling compared to the stuff im doing for conditioning now...

wrestle a lot if you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast