Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough

Started striking again!

I signed up last night for Muay Thai. We have a good guy there at our facility that runs a school called DohJo Muay Thai, and he has a deal worked out for existing 10PJJ members at the Peterborough moon, so we get a substantial discount. My history with Martial Arts is striking (TKD) and holy shit I have to tell you it felt great to be throwing some kicks, punches and elbows/knees last night.

So now I get to train every night from Monday to Friday. I take the weekends off, even though there are classes on Sat. I have also started to do some basic strength training at work during my lunch break. I've been doing weights Mon, Wed, Fri, and I'm doing cardio and pull up routines on my "rest days" (Tues, Thurs), so from monday to friday I have been working out two times a day!

Forgive me, I'm just really excited about all of this. I have been a couch potato for 12 or more years, so I am glad that this fitness bug I caught with Jiu Jitsu has driven me to add to my schedule with other stuff as well. It all started when my wife told me I was "almost 40", putting on weight, and living too sentient of a lifestyle. (That's code for "old, fat and lazy" haha!) Now I have this fire inside that keeps me wanting to do things to get in shape.

I don't know how long it will last and I don't know if I will be able to keep up with the the Muay Thai on top of my Jiu Jitsu and jogging, but I have signed up for one month anyways and I am going to give'er. Wish me luck!

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Totally feasible to keep up that schedule. If it is important to you, you will make time. Enjoy Muay Thai, nothing is better than the feeling of nasty leg kicks and knees to the body. So much fun, painful, but fun.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

I'm just really thrilled about all of this. I have been a bump on a log for 12 or more decades, so I am grateful that this health and health and fitness bug I captured with Jiu Jitsu has motivated me to add to my routine with other things as well.