Array

School
    ronin style

Hitting the samurai?

I am falling more and more in love with the samurai everytime I hit it but am running into a problem now.I cannot get people to even go for the qaurter guard after a few successful rolls. It's not a huge deal cause I have other options from mount but was wondering if anyone has any tricks to force them into position so I can hit the samurai and get to truck? Appreciate any and all pointers

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    You may have to bait people with arm locks or the butcher so they forget about what position they are in.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I would explore all your options from there as well as the many other ways of getting into the truck.

Mounts a stronger position than quarter guard. Use the samurai when needed not because u want to

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Yeah this is like saying how can i bait people into guard from half guard. Just use mount

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Some of us were trying to roll when we are in the twister pass position. We're calling it the el paso roll, haha. Its not very high percentage but sometimes if you catch the guy by surprise you can take his back or improve your position.

Array

School
    ronin style
    while I see the the points of view on keeping mount instead of giving quarter guard. I feel if someone can get the reps in on the samurai and polish it up to where it becomes high percentage it leads to more dominate postions in truck and rear mount. I think what I can take from this discussion so far is to develope a solid mount game and that could lead to more people trying to get quarter guard and more openings for me to hit the samurai. There are defnently "safer" options in getting to truck and those positions I just really like hitting the samurai.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    I like it as well, use the trickster, works for me. Try baiting both sides, and if you get tired of waiting you can always take the carni from the mount.

Array

School
    Basement, future hotbox Pure mma closed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGVFU...4&feature=plcp

This was a tournament this past september I think.