Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!

How many of you are regularly weight lifting?

I'm just curious how many of you guys supplement your jiu jitsu training with weight lifting?

Do you think it's a critical component to reaching your full potential or do you build enough muscle just from consistent rolling?

Personally I think being on a full lifting routine while doing jiu jitsu is a little too much for the average joe to handle, but I try to get at least a day or 2 per week in the weight room.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    I lift about two to three times a week as well. I do a lot of super sets with pull ups and dips vs breaking every single muscle group down. I think it's important to keep your body strong.

You?

I tried to keep up 4 lifting days per week. Bjj 4 times per week. I came down with bad tendonitis in my wrists, elbows and shoulders. I'll probably cut the lifting back to 2 times per week.

yea weightlifting is a must, dynamic exercises for the win

I usto do alot more wieght lifting before i started bjj, I would to alot of dead lifting, shoulder shrugs, military press, basicly my back i thought that would be the most important to workout, but of course with time i stopped lifting and just roll and train..but our gym has a great new stand up coach that helps our stand and gives us a mad workout. i am slowly trying to get back to lifting just to be a bit more atheltic(not that i am not in shape)

as supplements goes..i just take some whey protien(maybe 2 twice a week) i would love to know what else and what amout does anyone take..(any nutritionist in this bitch?)

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Lots of lifting. 100% body weight. No weights. I would do some deadlifts and power cleans given the opportunity, but yeah, dynamic.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Grip and pressure.
    "Work on the squeeze" as Eddie says.

I do dead lifts and work out on various upper and lower body equipment while at the gym.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    i lift like 2 or 3 times a week, usually i focus on my chest, biceps, triceps, a little shoulder, and some ab workouts.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe/Nova Uniao
    I actually lift 7 days a week. But I lift single muscle groups and really concentrate on isolating muscle groups through time under tension training. I never try to ego lift that way I can concentrate on even certain parts of a muscle. (upper/mid/lower chest, long head/short head bis and tris, etc). This way I'm not exhausting myself trying to do full body lifts like deadlifts and cleans. The biggest benefit to me though is that through extreme isolation during my lifts, when its time to roll, I can go from using one part of one muscle to using 4-5 muscle groups at once and I can really feel it when I need it for Jiu Jitsu

Array

School
    Wing Tzung Academy Riedmann
    Muscles protect the body from injury and you have more power! I Train once a week wiht a heavy weight. I only do basic exercises with the weight. And it brings a great deal. five times a week I give lessons martial arts. and only once a week for me I Train with heavy weight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast