Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Bangor Maine

How far do you travel?

I was just curious to see how far everyone has to travel to train at their respective gyms. And how far you think might be too far? I have to drive an hour, which to me is probably close to the limit for regular training, what with gas prices and what not. Thoughts?

Array

School
    Morning Star Jiu Jitsu - Denver
    I teach/train at 2 different schools. My main one is only 15 minutes from my house. The other one takes anywhere from 35 minutes to 50 minutes depending on traffic.

I agree that a1 hour commute would be the limit for me for regular training.
    Tim Gillette | Owner/Instructor
    Morning Star Jiu Jitsu - Denver
    www.MorningStarJJ.com
    info@MorningStarJJ.com
    720-917-4014

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I run a Shaolin school in my town about 5 minutes from my place and we do our jits on monday nights.

To get to 10th Planet Indy from my house is a little over 2 hours one way and around $30 in gas.

I don't get to go very often; maybe once every other month or so.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago North
    10th Planet Chicago is about 57 miles from my place and it takes about 1hr & 15 min to get there. However I am on a project that has me farther north than that even and I am able to hit the place after work and its only 15 minutes from there on the way home.

BUT! Other then Wed nights when my family is off to Awana there is no way I would make it up there. It would cost me over $20 per trip(stupid premium gas!), it more than doubles the cost of membership at just one day a week. But Dan lives out by me and is hard core and is up there almost everyday, he is a little closer but its still probaly 45 miles one way!

Sam Sales

yes for me unfortunately it takes 90minutes each way, so including the class it takes about 4 and a half hours. For that reason i don't get to do even half the jiu jitsu id want to do. I do however go boxing twice per week, and that is literally just down the road and takes me 5 minutes to get to. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Yeah, im about 45 miles to 10th planet chicago and go pretty much every hour its open ;D It sucks gas costs 3-4x more a month than all the training expenses.... but 10thp chi is worth it, there are alot of other places to learn jj in the surrounding areas but there is no where else one would rather be, def worth it ;D

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    I drive an hour each way and I only go twice a week just cuz of gas prices tho or else I'd go way more it's well worth the drive for the instruction I get and training partners I have
    No Jiu Jitsu, No Life
    Know Jiu Jitsu, Know Life

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I'm so blessed to have what we do way up here. When I moved back to the U.P. of Michigan from St.Paul MN I never thought I would practice BJJ seriously ever again. It is now 35 miles from home to the gym, but I work close to the gym, so really no extra miles than just going to work. The next closest BJJ place is 3.5 hrs away and I heard it's not very good. nearest 10th planet is Chicago north @6 hrs. At least I'm free to practice/teach as much 10th planet as I wish to an outstanding group of "hungry" people, even if it is a challange.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I live ten minutes from 10p Rochester. One of the guys at the gym travels an hour and a half one way. That's way too far for me. Anything more than 30 minutes would be too far on a regular basis

Array

School
    10th planet St.Paul/Woodbury
    Only 12 minutes. Gotta try and ride the old bicycle to class . We got some awesome weather here already.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast