Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You gotta earn the right to move??
    Thanks Eddie! The right to travel/move is inherent under the Constitution! I really don't understand why everyone in the country hasn't moved to CA already, it seems like heaven on Earth. Beautiful women, beautiful weather, plentiful dank buds, and the best rubber guard instructor in the world, what else could you ask for?!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Good for you brotha! Im confused about earning the right to move comment as well?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Good for you brotha! Im confused about earning the right to move comment as well?
    Thank you sir! His comment was just a manifestation of his hatred for white belts.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I would move to Cali in a flash if it was viable. Good for you for taking the punge! It's especially nice that you have managed to save up enough funds to get by for a year. That is going to make the experience much more comfortable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I would move to Cali in a flash if it was viable. Good for you for taking the punge! It's especially nice that you have managed to save up enough funds to get by for a year. That is going to make the experience much more comfortable for you.
    Thanks man! Yeah I've pretty much only spent money on food and rent for the past year in order to save up, but I don't want to drain it all so I'm going to grab any job I can get out there ASAP lol.

I've never been out there and don't know which areas are safe vs. unsafe, and good parking vs. bad parking, if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it. I was thinking of getting an Apt. in East Hollywood to be as close to HQ as possible but google says it's a sketchy area, so I'm thinking of looking in North/West Hollywood or Glendale if anyone knows if those are safe/good parking. I was even thinking of looking in Santa Monica near the beach because it would be baller as hell to live on the beach in Cali, always been a dream of mine, but I hear the traffic is hell around LA. Would the commute from Santa Monica to HQ every night be horrible?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Commuting from Santa Monice to HQ every night would be awful. The closeness on the map can be deceiving when there's an ocean of cars in between.

I personally would probably not move right by HQ if I had a car and sufficient funds, but that's just me. Though, I don't think it's dangerous, really (if you can ignore the gang graffiti). Where you choose to go kind of depends on what you're into. Los Feliz, Echo Park, and Silver Lake are all kind of hip up-and-coming areas. West Hollywood is nice. There is a large gay community there, so you get what comes along with a lot of young guys with discretionary income. That is, it's clean, and there's lots of restaurants and bars, etc. Commuting from Burbank wouldn't be out of the question either. That's your suburban neighborhood kind of vibe. If you want a yard, you'll probably look in that direction.

Array

School
    10th Planet H.Q
    Awesome dude...shoot i moved from Chicago to here straight after getting married with very little money saved up. Like eddie told me once when i posted that i was moving to L.A...... It's tough to survive out her but it's doable

That's awesome man, congrats on making it out there! How do you like it? How long you been there? Yeah I here the economy is weak, but I'll work 60 hours a week for $10 an hour if it means I can burn. I actually just found a couple other similarly situated 20 somethings looking for a place so I think we're all gonna go in on a place together. They're saying the most happening place to be is Hermosa or Manhattan Beach, so I'm torn, as I hear the commute to HQ every night would be a nightmare...decisions, decisions.

Array

School
    Leading Edge MMA
    Taking a leap like that is awesome, I'd like to do that temporary, and consider it going away for 'Jiu Jitsu University' hah

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You gotta earn the right to move??
    LOL I was thinking the same thing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast