Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    It's sad and tragic, and very very stupid. It's cynical, but I'd have to agree with Herzog.. It's Darwinism at work. Saying that, I almost hanged myself by accident in a three as a kid when I fell down and my scrf got hung-up on the branches, not once, but twice.. Both times I was saved by my grandmother, and I was turning blue. Shit can happen fast, and stupid stuff may kill us, but it's our responsibility to understand that.

I don't think holds in WWE should resemble real submissions tho.. And an RNC killing someone is rare, I wonder how many lives knives claim daily? No one is banning knives.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Not cold blooded at all, just logical. Two idiots fucking around with shit they don't comprehend, wtf did they think would happen.

If you give two chimps a loaded pistol, one of them if not both end up dead in a short time.

Its evolution, survival of the fittest. We are still an animal species combating for room on this planet. Population control, simple.
    Once again the wisdom of the Zog is short, sweet, and spot on.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    It takes about four minutes of oxygen starvation before the brain is dead beyond resuscitation. What killed him was the loss of his airway. Once he was unconscious and his drive to breathe had been suppressed, he needed someone else to open his airway and stimulate a breath. He was 220lbs and I seriously doubt that he was ripped like Jesus. I'm guessing that he was about 160lbs of high fructose corn syrup. Big fellas with big jowls have airways that are hard to open -- and even harder to keep open. Once you do, you also have to move enough air to get his heart rate back up so he can get blood back to his brain and breathe on his own again. Even professionals with frequent practice and expert training lose an airway now and then -- with disastrous consequences. He didn't die in 30 seconds, he died in about four minutes -- which is about half as long or more as it takes an ambulance to get to there.

They played with a loaded gun. They were not equipped to handle the potential consequences of their actions and this kid died for it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    "Technically."
    It's Legit! 10th Planet Rochester's own Travis Rivers will be fighting in the first sanctioned ammy MMA event in Buffalo, Ny May 19th!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Wow! Awesome news!!! GO TRAVIS!! Rep the 10th and kick some @$$!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    14 year old kids who watch wrestlemania are more than likely can not apply a RNC. RNC also does not stop breathing, that kid crushed his cousins trachea which prolly caused suffocation on top being unconscious. This is the reason why rear choke holds are advised against in LAPD since after Royce and other gracies taught them the move, bunch of trigger happy cops filled with caffeine and simple sugars from the local donut shop started to cause havoc on people's necks and seriously threaten lives as they were making arrests. They were simply pressing their forearm in to the victims neck from the front.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    From what I know, average time to sleep is between 8-10 seconds, brain damage occurs between 12 and 15 seconds, and death around 20 when it comes to a RNC. It's not strange at all my good sir.
    could you source that? I'm a life guard and my programs have told me that it takes 2-4 minutes for a brain w/o oxygen to be damaged.

Array

School
    None
    I think someone already said it but an air choke (i.e. not breathing) is different than a blood choke. You can still breathe if you have a blood choke applied, the only problem is you are cutting off the carotid arteries, which is how you receive oxygenated blood to your brain. Some people can hold their breath for a very long time but their heart is still beating, and the limited amount of oxygen that they do have is still being transported to their brain via our red blood cells. Blood chokes, when applied properly, will take a few seconds for you to feel the effects (i.e. any choke in jiu jitsu) and if held anywhere near 20 seconds would lead to death. Air chokes would probably take closer to 2-3 minutes.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Hell ya I'm stoked for Travis and amateur mma being legal in ny

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast