Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    ...giving Ralek about 3/4ths of the space, mostly in direct quotes. AND RALEK STILL FUCKED IT UP. ahaha
    hahahaha. Geez man.

People keep comparing his moves to the UFC. Here's a couple incongruities that I see. The BJJ community is close knit, and you can't really get away with too much without people finding out. The UFC came up in a day where it was a bit of a freak show. It wasn't until maybe UFC 5 where the UFC started to get a cult following. And even then the UFC wasn't doing exclusive contracts. The other thing is that, unlike a good portion of MMA fans, BJJ fans are also mostly practitioners. They consider themselves martial artists. They believe in things like honor and respect. So by making moves like this, Ralek is alienating nearly anyone who isn't a Gracie cult follower.

He's lucky that Eddie vs Royler saved Metamoris after investors wanted out after the Schaub incident. Kinda crappy that he's using BS tactics to take out his "competition."

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    hahahaha. Geez man.

People keep comparing his moves to the UFC. Here's a couple incongruities that I see. The BJJ community is close knit, and you can't really get away with too much without people finding out. The UFC came up in a day where it was a bit of a freak show. It wasn't until maybe UFC 5 where the UFC started to get a cult following. And even then the UFC wasn't doing exclusive contracts. The other thing is that, unlike a good portion of MMA fans, BJJ fans are also mostly practitioners. They consider themselves martial artists. They believe in things like honor and respect. So by making moves like this, Ralek is alienating nearly anyone who isn't a Gracie cult follower.

He's lucky that Eddie vs Royler saved Metamoris after investors wanted out after the Schaub incident. Kinda crappy that he's using BS tactics to take out his "competition."
    That was pretty insightful David. And the assumption that BJJ fans are mostly practitioners, even if it is an assumption, I'd wager is a safe one. I've never thought of it in that regard.

Array

School
    blank
    more like Tary Gonon, amirite?

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
    Let us not forget who we are talking about here:

Oh that still hurts to watch.

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Array

School
    3rd Wave Jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK BARCA View Post
    Oh that still hurts to watch.
    I tapped out at 1:55 :/

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    G in a gi...wtf is he trying to be Eddie w the music thing or what...that was pathetic..I might have made it 30 seconds.

To be honest I think It's jealousy. Eddies event is blowing up so fast and it's already WAY better than metamoris. It's savage. You have to fight to win..you can't stall and stay safe like in Metamoris, plus some of the super fights were very boring..if they don't have Garry Tonon i don't think I want to watch it anyway.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Ralek - SMH. Disappointed - why fragment competitive grappling before it can blow up?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
    Just a little PSA, if anyone here is still planning on buying the next Metamoris event, their payment page is not using SSL.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments...re_dont_trust/
    As if Id pay for them anyway. Pay for EBI, use torrents for Metamoris.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Ralek isn't all that bad.
    I always wanted to be a rapper and after watching G in a gi, Ralek gave me Hope. I think my rhymes will be Dope. They won't end up on Snope. I may even run for Pope..........Soap on a Rope............ok Nope
    I was wrong, Ralek sucks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123