Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hanley View Post
    I just mentioned Germany, France, and the U.K. But, got damn it seems like Poland and the Caucasus are up-and-coming powerhouses!

Oskar Piechota was a darkhorse badass who surprised everyone at ADCC 2013. Then you see his countryman (apparently) Zbigniew Tyszka disposing of him with that ultra slick 411 transition in this trials. I'm excited to see what that guy does at this ADCC.
    I was coming here to post this. Oskar Piechota was awesome. I couldn't believe he darce choked Claudio Calasans and beat Vinny Magalhaes on points. Keenan Cornelius said he was one of the tougher guys at the tournament.

Keenan darce choked him in the 88kg and beat him on points in the Absolute, but Keenan said that he thought if Oskar had more access to elite level training partners that he thought he could be a top guy.

I thought for sure that Oskar would would the trials, but hopefully he gets an invite anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Part 2
    I don't understand. What was the guy in white for the 66kg finals match (Asadulaev Surkhay) so annoyed about when the other guy was in turtle? I watched twice and can't figure it out. Eduardo Telles (master of the turtle guard) does that shit all the time and has for years. You have to attack. Am I missing something on this? or was he just frustrated that he was having a hard time dealing with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    shit, you'd swear it was sub only by the video
    Right? ADCC is so bad ass. I think the past 2 ADCCs have had 40-50 subs for each tournament, total. I can't think of any other non sub-only comp that has so many finishes. The no points period helps too. People open up without fear of getting scored on.

I think between the rules, and just something about it. People really go for it at ADCC.

ADCC 2013 was one of the worst in terms of big names not showing up, and it was still really exciting. Way more than I thought it would be minus the finals matches.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Here was my count as far as subs in the last two ADCCs.

My count in 2013 looked like this:
    1) Leg Attack Finishes=8 heelhooks, 2 kneebars, 3 toehold, 2 straight ankles, and
    2)Other Finishes=9 RNC, 5 armbar, 2 kimura, 5 guillotine, 3 triangle, 2 Darce

My 2011 numbers were:
    17 wins by leglocks of all types
    8 wins by armbar
    6 wins by guillotine
    5 wins by RNC
    4 wins by triangle
    2 wins by judges decision
    1 win by D'Arce

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile

Dudes turtle was sick. He was def looking to counter or attack from there. I definitely think it was just frustration because he compromised it several times but just couldnt capitalize. Even got compromised several times trying to attack. His argument was that he was stalling, which I could understand, if he wasnt so quick to counter. But if Surkhay didnt attack, he might of stayed there all match. Who knows. Jakub is definitely more conservative, but that was an awesome match. Maybe it was mind games played by Surkhay to get him to open up his extremely tight game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hanley View Post
    Here was my count as far as subs in the last two ADCCs.

My count in 2013 looked like this:
    1) Leg Attack Finishes=8 heelhooks, 2 kneebars, 3 toehold, 2 straight ankles, and
    2)Other Finishes=9 RNC, 5 armbar, 2 kimura, 5 guillotine, 3 triangle, 2 Darce

My 2011 numbers were:
    17 wins by leglocks of all types
    8 wins by armbar
    6 wins by guillotine
    5 wins by RNC
    4 wins by triangle
    2 wins by judges decision
    1 win by D'Arce
    Funny. I actually added up your numbers and went off that. I remember fact checking some of them with you back after they happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post

Dudes turtle was sick. He was def looking to counter or attack from there. I definitely think it was just frustration because he compromised it several times but just couldnt capitalize. Even got compromised several times trying to attack. His argument was that he was stalling, which I could understand, if he wasnt so quick to counter. But if Surkhay didnt attack, he might of stayed there all match. Who knows. Jakub is definitely more conservative, but that was an awesome match. Maybe it was mind games played by Surkhay to get him to open up his extremely tight game.
    It makes more sense after seeing the whole match. Jakub may have been conservative, but honestly to me it looked like the tightest sub in the whole match was the marce that Jakub had at the very end when the clock ran out. Obviously you never know but it looked sunk. Then again of Surkhay had been able to throw his leg to trap Jakub's arm deeper on that anaconda, that might've put it away too.

Thanks a lot for answering my question and posting the match. Very entertaining!

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Funny. I actually added up your numbers and went off that. I remember fact checking some of them with you back after they happened.
    That is funny. I'm going to miss it if one day grappling is no longer such a small community.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12