Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet ronin
    It's a strange one... Ralek seems to have a parade of ex UFC fighters in metamoris now, and probably under the same type of deal they offered Tonon. I get that angle and trying to appeal to the more casual fan but I just think grappling and sub only ppv events are just lighting up and drawing peoples attention and giving jiu jitsu a platform outside of MMA to be showcased.

And that's all great but it's not at the level where you need to be trying shitty tricks to sign top guys to exclusive deals and kill competition, that ruins it for the fans of the sport and the competitors.

Somebody needs to tell Ralek this isn't WCW vs WWF, and shows aren't going head to head competing for the same audience all on the same night.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    But he is making it on the same night. Same night as Polaris I believe. His will make twice in a row on this next one if I'm correct. You're right, there's no reason for it.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J Weatherall View Post
    Ralek seems to have a parade of ex UFC fighters in metamoris now, and probably under the same type of deal they offered Tonon..
    I'd love to see a contract. I'm skeptical that there are non-compete or exclusivity clauses in whatever contract he's offering.

I would be curious to know how this played out with Tonon... did they send him a contract and he read it, sent it to his lawyer, and then declined? I doubt it. I suspect most of it was done verbally.

I'd bet $1000 there is ZERO exclusivity required by any contracts given out by Ralek and Metamoris up to the date of this post.

At least, in writing. Any verbal agreements regarding requirements to be issued said contract are withstanding from this wager.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 04-14-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    But he is making it on the same night. Same night as Polaris I believe. His will make twice in a row on this next one if I'm correct. You're right, there's no reason for it.
    damn, I never knew that. If that's true then it seems a bit much to be deliberately scheduling events like that, on top of the possible sketchy contract offers they seem to be offering. Polaris is September 12th in Cardiff and I'm going...so that's one less ppv buy, in your face Ralek!

Array

School
    ronin
    i think i was a direct attack to try sabotage EBI. ralek (or higher powers in the family) are threatened that eddie and the system have become way more accepted in the mainstream bjj community. They see the writing on the wall. no gi, sub only is taking over sons!!
    why cant we all just be friends

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I'd love to see a contract. I'm skeptical that there are non-compete or exclusivity clauses in whatever contract he's offering.

I would be curious to know how this played out with Tonon... did they send him a contract and he read it, sent it to his lawyer, and then declined? I doubt it. I suspect most of it was done verbally.

I'd bet $1000 there is ZERO exclusivity required by any contracts given out by Ralek and Metamoris up to the date of this post.

At least, in writing. Any verbal agreements regarding requirements to be issued said contract are withstanding from this wager.
    I don't know what it is, but it most definitely prevented Danis from doing EBI 3, because Danis wanted to do it. Because there's almost no money in this sport, Danis went the Metamoris route.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    I don't know what it is, but it most definitely prevented Danis from doing EBI 3, because Danis wanted to do it. Because there's almost no money in this sport, Danis went the Metamoris route.
    Yeah, I'm sure he was prevented from doing EBI. What I was suggesting is that the "we'll give you this contract if you bail on EBI" part might very well have been verbal, and that the contract itself might not have had any kind of exclusivity clause in it.

Mojoplata

Look we don't really know why Ralek did what he did, and when it's all said and done he's just a G in a Gi.
    Last edited by Mojoplata; 04-17-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12