Mixed Martial arts instructor question.

I am curious as to this forum's Baseline requirements for a legit MMA coach/instructor (in light of the redcloud guy, who was a flat out fraud) to be worth the time and money to train with.

What rank/experience level grappling and what else should he offer (should he have fought MMA, have a series of trained fighters who do well, etc).

Thanks.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    That's for each consumer to choose for themselves however the onus is on the Coach/Instructor to be honest and forthcoming with his real experience so that the consumer can make an informed decision. Do I think it's unethical for untrained people to train other people.. YES. But how and why somebody gives their money to another person is none of my concern and I'll leave that up to the free market.

I agree, but what would you call a "bare minimum" level for what you would be willing to pay for? That is more the question, not whether a liar is unethical, that is plain as day.

Array

School
    Riverside Submission
    lineage is the key...who did they train with and can you verify it. And take advantage of the free classes that most offer. In fact, many of the mma schools out here give a week to a month free. By going to multiple schools in your area you will get an idea. That's what I did in deciding a school.

As far as a bare minimum, there is no hard and fast rule. You have to make that determination. My decision was that I wanted to be at an affiliated spot with a verifiable lineage that also had MMA Pros and success in grappling tournaments...also a good childrens program for my son.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I'd pay $25 bucks a month for some mat space and a couple of dudes who like to roll.

$50/month for a blue belt at 2 times a week $85/month unlimited
    Maybe bump that up to $20 for a purple or brown.

$80/month for a black belt at 2 times a week $125/month unlimited

Give or take depending on the region.