Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis

Bulging discs in my neck - advice?

I've had this hardcore pain for over a year now in my upper back right next to my right shoulder blade that pulsates when I am sitting upright. My hand and arm go numb by the middle of the day when I'm at work or at the computer at home. I've had this for over a year now and its only gotten worse. Its never really affected my jiu jitsu game until recently when I started noticing my right arm is getting weaker.

I've had trips to the Chiropractor and its never really seemed to help. I finally went to a Sports Medicine Orthopedic and he suggested its being caused by bulging discs in my neck. A week late an MRI confirmed I do have bulging discs at c4,c5 / c6,c7.

The Dr. suggested an epidural of cortisone. I've done a lot of research on the internet...and it seems the epidurals work on some, but most people don't have any relief. There are risks involved with the procedure and side effects that dont look all that pleasant.

Anyone else on here have experience with bulging/herniated discs in their neck or cortisone epidurals?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Take care of it or my dad's fate will be yours as well. Fusion of vertebra c5-7 and no more wrestling, grappling, or fighting. He was almost paralyzed. Good luck homie take the time you need to heal up. I have 18 years worth of damage to my neck so I know exactly what you are going through. Numbness, weakness, shooting pain, pulsating pain, and even a couple of occasions I had temporary paralysis in my arms due to my neck. Never had cortisone but I wouldn't want some needle in my neck.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Ok brotha here is the deal with the shots. Ive had 6+, they will relieve some pain and pressure. It will be enough to make you think you are ok. It is only temporary, they are putting band-aids on an artery bleed. You will have to get it fixed, however that may be, or it will progressively get worse. Mine is all lower back, so I dont know what they can or cant do for you. I had surgery & now my shit is permanent so go conservative as possible. Just my dos centos lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Definitely get rehab and pt so you can keep on rolling. Shots seem pointless long term based on Brandon's description.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    What you have is more than just a life changing decision, it is possibly a life ENDING decision. Those bulging disks only need the right motion and pressure to completely fail, and when that happens, depends on how the bones fall into place, potentially risking the severing of the spinal cord. College Anatomy and Physiology taught me three things. One of them being the brain stem is important. Get that surgery and rehab it, and you have a much better chance of a near perfect recovery!

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Joe, I've had the same issue for around 5 years. I have travelled all over. Including a trip to San Fran to see Dr. Pete. He helped a lot, but I have a chiropractor in Louisville that has kept me rolling for years now. He has a computer controlled gun that allows him to manipulate individual disks. I rarely see him anymore, only when it has a flare up good luck brother!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Good luck Joe
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    As simple as it sounds my Physio got me doing these religiously and it has changed my life. Had a c4/5 bulge confirmed by MRI and doing these daily I haven't had a problem for about 2 years now.

Stupidly simple, so nothing to lose if you give it a go seeing as it's free.

The Exercise I do starts around 5:20.

Good luck

www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bruhn View Post
    As simple as it sounds my Physio got me doing these religiously and it has changed my life. Had a c4/5 bulge confirmed by MRI and doing these daily I haven't had a problem for about 2 years now.

Stupidly simple, so nothing to lose if you give it a go seeing as it's free.

The Exercise I do starts around 5:20.

Good luck

Thanks Tim! I actually found and watched this video last week and have been doing the retraction exercises ever since. I'm glad to hear someone on here has had success with it. I will for sure continue....thanks again brotha!

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    All good, makes sense when you think about the concept behind it to. The reason you get pain is the discs bulge out the back of your vertebrae and get pinched, so by doing this consistently you kinda open the vertebrae then push the discs back forward to where they should be, if that description makes sense.

When I would injure my neck I had the same extreme pain across my shoulder blade and traps (cause thats where the nerves are around c4/c5 for that area) and I would be robot boy for a week or so and couldn't turn my head at all.

At the worst had it happen like 3 times in a month, just turning my head to quickly to look at someone, went and saw the physio who put me onto doing 10 reps of these every 2 hours for a couple weeks, then just maintaining them every couple of days and haven't had an issue now for nearly 2 years.

Honestly it was like fucking magic. Still can't believe how that simple exercise has change my life.

Wish you well with it mate, hope it works for you like it did for me.
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast