Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.

Cesar Gracie throws 'sissy face' Caio Terra off the team

@jakeshieldsajj @GilbertMelendez @nickdiaz209 @NateDiaz209 @caioterrabjj @graciemag_br Caio Terra is no longer affiliated with our academy," bluntly announced Cesar Gracie, via Twitter.

It turns out Carlos Condit had hired Team Cesar Gracie member Caio Terra to help hone his Jiu-Jitsu skills in preparation for Saturday's title fight with Georges St-Pierre.

Gracie's sense of loyalty is such that he became incensed when somene from his team trains someone who fought someone from his team. Carlos Condit beat Cesar Gracie protege Nick Diaz at UFC 143 in February, and the two may fight again at some point.

continue reading at....http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-off-the-team/

Do you guys think it was justified?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Caio will do just fine without Cesar.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    + 1 My thoughts exactly.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I think everyone I said getting sick if ceasar at this point. Dude is just constantly whining or bitching about someone. Caio doesn't need him.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    I think everyone I said getting sick if ceasar at this point. Dude is just constantly whining or bitching about someone. Caio doesn't need him.
    Yep.

I've never been a coach so I can't really speak with a well informed perspective. But it's not like Caio helped Condit fight Nick. I think it's an overreaction.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Caio will move on to bigger and better oppertunities.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

When it comes to being a team it probably wasn't right. But Caio already had his black belt before he came to the U.S. and is a killer either way. I just wonder if Samir Chantre and Ozvaldo Moizinho will leave Caesar Gracie too? I would imagine they wouldn't like those two training with Caio when they told him to not show his face anymore.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Cesar has to be the most blatantly classless coach in MMA. Caio is more reputable than Cesar anyway in my opinion. He'll be fine.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    His own association is going to grow a lot in the next few years. I feel other teams may try to pick him up but it wouldn't surprise me if he just started his own competition team. In this economy and especially being an owner of a school, he needs to make money and if helping Condit paid the bills that month than more power too him. It says on Caio's website he will teach Jiu Jitsu to ANYONE. I feel Cesar's frustration but name calling and giving this wild west don't come around here again bullshit, immature and uncalled for. He brought Caio here so he could train and make money for Caio, not Cesar Gracie.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I love the guy's take on jitsui, but the way he treated St Pierre (accusing him of steroid and faking the injury) and now this is a bit too much. As much as he knows jitsui he comes across as being uncool in situations like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast