Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Spokane

Developing a chin?

Does anyone know of a way to strengthen or help develop a strong "chin"? my dad told me to work on my neck muscles but i'm curious if anyone has any suggestions... I've been rocked pretty good a couple times in a short time and i'm looking for a way to prevent getting dazed by the lightest punches. This may be a crazy question but i am looking for good feedback please and thank you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Im not much of a fighter but yeah your neck and traps. Shrugs and bridging. You could pull a car with a leather strap wrapped around your forehead.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Spokane
    THANK YOU. If you haven't seen the video of my most recent fight i was dropped by a straight right so i'm trying to prevent that in the future.

Array

School
    BJJ India (Professor Rodrigo Teixeira BJJ)
    Get used to chin shots while sparring, use proper nose breathing while sparring or fighting (jaw clinched), and as mention by mike add all tht training into ur routine, and one most imprt one, traditional muay thai neck and jaw training, bite a thick towel with w8s attached and do vertical neck reps (make sure u r bitting 100%)

This will surely help bro. Regards

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    like Mike said neck and traps, wrestlers bridge's really are the way to go. I would strongly advice not to try conditioning your self by taking punches to the head you can not condition your brain, yes you have to get used to being hit, but this is achieved by sparring normally not by just letting someone punch you in the face.
    Plus if your getting rocked a lot during sparring and fighting i would put money that the real problem is that your chin is not being tucked. If you chins up in the air when you get hit you head moves o lot more with the impact and that means your brain is being bounced of your skull a lot more
    10Wo

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Hide your chin, and move your head. Neck exercises are a must. Yes, no's, maybe so's are good. Chew gum?

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    listen to death metal work hair spirals and if you don't believe me look up corpse grinder neck monster dude

Array

School
    Formerly 10P Spokane
    Your dad is right. It's all in the neck. Do front and back bridges. Train both static holds and repetitions for strength. Eventually work your way up to no-hands.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Grow a beard.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Work on head movement so you don't get hit. The idea is to hit and not get hit. The "chin" you are speaking of isn't something that you can strengthen. If that was the case then no pro boxer/mma fighter would get knocked out. Now strengthening your neck and traps help but not solve it. It is also about composure when you get rocked. Some dudes are born with good chins but that doesn't last for ever. Protect your brain, it can't be replaced or fixed.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast