Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Stallion Gym / Arte Suave Stuttgart

So I was watching Silver vs Phan

Anyone else kept screaming oldschool at his screen?

Edit: Siver*

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    NO I didn't scream oldschool, but I did want Phan to find a new game or something. Gesssss been watching him on TUF and a couple of his other fights, but the dude hasn't improve at all. Joe Rogan always reminded us that Phan is a BLACK BELT in BJJ, but he hasn't even use them at all, even when he is loosing the striking game. Sure he has a mean left hook when using it, but he's just NOT pulling it enough. For a 145 lb guy, Phan just move to slow. Slow on the ground, slow on his feet. Sure Phan can take a hit, but damn...lets work on NOT getting hit, move faster!!!! Work on your Cardio PHAN!!!! I hate to see another asian brother get pounded like this. And for an asian fighter.....how many kicks did he do?? NOT enough.... even before UFC, even before the internet, even before the beginning of time......everyone know that when you fight an asian guy, you will have to watch out for his kicks... I don't expect him to kick like Bruce Lee, but come on...if your hands aren't getting it done, you need to kick PHAN!!!! He can't be fighting the same Mike Tyson style boxing for every opponent.

sorry for going off on Phan like this guys, but I almost threw the remote at the TV when I was watching this fight.....

Array

School
    Montalvo Martial Arts Lifestyle Center/10th Planet Omaha
    One judge scored it 30-24 if I remember right... Ouch.
    Last edited by Moises "Mo" Montalvo; 12-10-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Array

School
    Yes you are correct because it was that bad of a fight for Phan. I just hope he changed up his game / broaden his skill more before he gets cut from the UFC after a lost like that. Because there are plenty of guys in his division that are very very good.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Phan definitely had some opportunities to capitalize on a sweep from 1/2 guard and I'm sure he'll see that when he reviews the tape. He's a smart guy and I'd imagine he'll work to improve his game from that spot, definitely a little lockdown injected into his game could help him .

I think the big take away here is that at 145 lb Siver is a BEAST! It's not often that Phan isn't able to make a fight competitive, the guy is a gamer with legit skills, but he didn't have anything for Siver. Once Siver is fully adjusted to the weight cut I see a title shot being inevitable, he's got great standup and at 145 he doesn't have to deal with guys who are taller w/ greater reach like he did at 155 lbs nevermind the fact that he's built like a tank. Siver adds a big monkey wrench into the division for any 145 lber who is looking to climb the ladder to a title shot.
    Last edited by Mike Seabrook; 12-10-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    wow he had solid double unders if only he could have used "Fancy Feet" and worked to dog fight people need to take notice of 10thPlanet Techniques

Array

School
    yes Silver is a BEAST!!! a mini brock lesnar....but that is why Phan need to be a smarter fighter to take out someone like Silver. However all I see was Phan head hunting..and even that was a futile effort as he was getting owned in the stand up as well.

I was screaming deep half in that 3rd round. He was getting flattened out.

Funny visuals btw.

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Seabrook View Post
    Phan definitely had some opportunities to capitalize on a sweep from 1/2 guard and I'm sure he'll see that when he reviews the tape. He's a smart guy and I'd imagine he'll work to improve his game from that spot, definitely a little lockdown injected into his game could help him .

I think the big take away here is that at 145 lb Siver is a BEAST! It's not often that Phan isn't able to make a fight competitive, the guy is a gamer with legit skills, but he didn't have anything for Siver. Once Siver is fully adjusted to the weight cut I see a title shot being inevitable, he's got great standup and at 145 he doesn't have to deal with guys who are taller w/ greater reach like he did at 155 lbs nevermind the fact that he's built like a tank. Siver adds a big monkey wrench into the division for any 145 lber who is looking to climb the ladder to a title shot.
    ^Everything this guy said. I was gonna post, but you covered everything I was gonna mention, lol. So I'll just cheerlead

It's hard to believe Siver was fighting at welterweight and is now 145...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast