Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Can my child get in trouble for this?

Its been 6 wks now since we started playing with the rubber guard and every chance she gets, my daughter would put it on her training partner. She does it so much that even her head coach is taking notice of her more and more and I'm hoping she won't get in trouble. Also I'm wondering what the other kids' parents are thinking when she put on a move that they have never seen before. I'm proud of her for improving so much, but at the same time, hoping that we don't get sued. I took this vid last night, not only she is able to get to the invisible collar with ease now, she is going for the omoplata and gogoplata now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtwJnkbDVyI

Array

School
    EpLegends Martial Arts
    Thats pretty awesome, I wouldnt think she would get in trouble. Unless the coach is old school and not open minded. Even so I would stick with it and keep doing it, cause the 10p system works amazing and its killing in tournaments. So Keep up the great work!

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    That is some good stuff right there. Trouble? If the head coach is a real idiot he might ask her to stop. GOGO's and omoplata's are nothing new, she is just using a highly effective setup for them!!

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Yes the 10th planet system has been a blessing. Especially the rubber guard thus far. Before the rubber guard, my daughter was always very good with the triangles, she can get kids in them in any position. Her triangle were being talked about in tournaments. But now with the rubber guard to set it up, her triangle is almost 100%. Before when kids get in her guard, we try to find ways to control them and keep them there, but alot of times they escape her guard and the scrambles begin. But now, once they get in her guard, its almost always lead to a submission, unless they are much stronger and bigger than her so they just bust out of it. We focusing on her squeezing power right now and added a couple more submissions from the rubber guard, like the gogoplata and carni. Its exciting to see her transformation.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    If your instructor tells her to stop then do yourself a favor and find a school that is more open minded. Worst case Brian Debes has a Hotbox in Beaumont, TX about 1.5 hours away. Well worth the trip.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Looks fine to me....as long as she knows when to release Mission Control she should be ok.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    As far as getting sued, I believe the one liable is the instructor or the kid's parent. If you signed a waiver, take a look at it. Make sure you're in the clear. I think you should be fine. It's great that your kid is enjoying rubber guard and improving with it.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    there will always be haters, especially when you consider how invested some parents are in their kids. It's the same deal in any other sport, it's just in combat sports the variance is more visible. You wouldn't tell a 9 year old football player to not hit so hard, or a basketball player to not shoot so accurate, yet even in those sports parents at the games and practices will have their own opinions or feelings about what they are witnessing. We all want are kids to be stars right? Probably one of the most unrealistic damaging thing to a childs mindset in our society, "we're all special!"

in response to the instructor taking notice, I'd think that would be a good thing. The one thing in this area that I'd comment on is the guy's trying to invest his own time into advancing his students, and some instructors may look at rubberguard practitioners as somewhat of a distraction from the more traditional material that they're experienced with teaching. It's kind of a sensitive subject cause on one end, you wanna see your students taking what you give them and adding it to your game, and in another, this serves as a learning experience for everyone. It would seem that both of her sparring partners are also adding it into their game and learning how to respond properly based on the video. and it's not like she was real malicious with the subs, or totally outclassing them.

Array

School
    Montalvo Martial Arts Lifestyle Center/10th Planet Omaha
    She's awesome and if she gets in trouble it would be stupid!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I couldn't watch the video via mobile but why would other parents sue? This is jiu Jitsu not a tea party.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast