Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

The Reaper to Calf Crush/Knee Compression + Back (Pictorial)

I had someone ask for clarity on these transitions on the 10th Planet Rochester training blog, so since I got tattooed Friday and couldn't train yesterday I decided to take pics of the transitions while Scott and Huan where drilling. I thought I'd share it with you guys as well.

The Reaper to Calf Crush/Knee Compression:

Step 1)Scott dives into the X-Blast position on Huan.

Step 2)Scott lifts his hips and knees forcing Huan to stand, Scott transitions to X-Guard.

Step 3)Scott transition both hands to hug Huan's left knee for control on the near leg.

Step 4)Scott pummels his right arm through to a over hook on Huan's left leg, still hugging the knee.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 10-24-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Step 5)Scott transitions his right heel to Huans left hip, then places his left foot on the inside of Huan's right knee. NOTE: Make sure you place just your heel (with your toes facing away) on your opponent's hip, if you put your entire foot in front of their hip, you could be counter heel hooked.

Step 6)Scott pushes his left foot into Huan's right knee turning Huan away from him, Scott then triangles his legs(behind Huan's left knee) while making sure he keeps Huan's left heel in his armpit.

Step 7)Scott the stretches his legs and stomps his left foot to the mat to break Huan down, immediately turning to his right hip, making sure his right knee is on the mat between Huan's legs. Scott is able to control Huan's far hip by placing his right elbow on the mat on the outside of Huan's far leg. He is also control Huan's left leg by using his left hand to keep his heel in the right armpit.

Step 8)Scott comes off his right elbow onto his hand and climbs up Huan's back establishing an over/under. To finish the Calf Crush/Knee Compression Scott "Makes Babies" and lifts his head up and brings his hips into Huan's to get the tap.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 10-24-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The Reaper to the Back (when opponent attempts to limp leg out of calf crush transition):

Step 1-6 are the same as the calf crush.

Step 7)As Huan attempts to limp leg, Scott cups Huan's achilles and heel with his hands clinching it tight to his stomach, keeping in lined up with his spine.

Step 8)Scott stretches his legs straight, while pulling down hard and towards his face on Huan's heel to break him down.

Step 9)Scott sits up (without triangleing his legs) keeping his right knee on the mat while allowing Huan's leg to go to his outside hip.

Step 10)Scott comes up on his right knee and establishes the over/under while allowing Huans left leg to fall off his hip.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 10-24-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Step 11) Scott then slides his right knee into Huan's right armpit and post his left leg on the mat.

Step 12) Scott then pushes off his post leg and rolls over his right shoulder while pulling on his over/unders. He then drags his left leg into a hook, then slides his right leg in from high to low to get the final hook in.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 10-24-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Array

School
    lost
    This is hard for me to get, they always seem to slip their leg out but I never go 100% so that might be the reason.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    This is hard for me to get, they always seem to slip their leg out but I never go 100% so that might be the reason.
    2 things to focus on during the transtion once you triangle your legs
    1) Leg Curls.
    2) The positioning of thier foot. In the inside armpit for the Crush, and center line for taking the back. My guys were having issues with it as well until the put the emphasis on those details.

Array

School
    lost
    Thanks I'll give it another go

Array

School
    Rōnin
    slap on the cross face too.

i have to admit since meeting you guys at rochester i realized a big hole in peoples games and thats Leg Locks ive been killing people with them and have been seeing so many new entries and so many new leg locks period so id just like to say thanks. keep doing your thing guys
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Martinez View Post
    i have to admit since meeting you guys at rochester i realized a big hole in peoples games and thats Leg Locks ive been killing people with them and have been seeing so many new entries and so many new leg locks period so id just like to say thanks. keep doing your thing guys
    Thank you for the kind words.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast