Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Thanks for the input everybody! My Kung fu definitely needs some work, that's for sure. I still hit techniques from rubber guard on good guys even with my shitty Kung fu move though!
    Thanks for the criticism!

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    Thanks for the input everybody! My Kung fu definitely needs some work, that's for sure.
    I can help with that!

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    I can help with that!
    Yes you can! Can't wait to learn from and roll with you again soon!

Do you have bigger guys hitting this? Seems like it would be hard to hit with shorter arms and legs, and easier for lankier frames. Just curious.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by ern View Post
    Do you have bigger guys hitting this? Seems like it would be hard to hit with shorter arms and legs, and easier for lankier frames. Just curious.
    To be quite honest most of the bigger guys at my gym don't play rubber guard all that much or all that well, so short answer no not really. I'm sure having long/lanky arms helps with this technique though. That doesn't mean that big guys can't pull it off though, I just haven't seen any do it yet.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    hey dude, i like it, i was wondering about what the others were saying about arms and hips free etc, and while it does look tight, (and i havnt played with this yet so it may fail) have you thought about using your free leg for something else rather than triangling your legs? im thinking bring your free leg up over the guys shoulder and either trap the arm like you do from back control (not my favourite idea but could work well.) or swing it over the back of the neck and clinch it with your zombie arm and pull the head down with your other arm.
    i dunno if that would work but ill try it soon, im about to go practice. i can see that triangling your legs is good because it they cant just push your gogo leg out to make more room. very interesting. maybe over hooking their free arm with your free leg and hooking it under their body would work too.

im just thinking of ways to get rid of the arm. ill go and have a look tonight. looks interesting.

do you feel you have to thread your free arm through first before you triangle your legs by the way?

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    hey dude, i like it, i was wondering about what the others were saying about arms and hips free etc, and while it does look tight, (and i havnt played with this yet so it may fail) have you thought about using your free leg for something else rather than triangling your legs? im thinking bring your free leg up over the guys shoulder and either trap the arm like you do from back control (not my favourite idea but could work well.) or swing it over the back of the neck and clinch it with your zombie arm and pull the head down with your other arm.
    i dunno if that would work but ill try it soon, im about to go practice. i can see that triangling your legs is good because it they cant just push your gogo leg out to make more room. very interesting. maybe over hooking their free arm with your free leg and hooking it under their body would work too.

im just thinking of ways to get rid of the arm. ill go and have a look tonight. looks interesting.

do you feel you have to thread your free arm through first before you triangle your legs by the way?

I'm glad you like it! To be honest I haven't really played around with using the free leg anywhere else but I'm going to mess around with it too and see what I can come up with! I'm open to any ideas and tweaks that could make this submission any better! I always look to establish the gable grip before triangleing my legs but I'm not sure if that's absolutely necessary to do in that order. The choke comes on quick once you apply the gable grip so your opponent is usually so concerned about the choke at that point that you're free to do whatever you want with the free leg. I just triangle my legs because it seems to make the choke even tighter.

The one thing that do do with that free leg other than triangleing it is when I end up on top with this position (which happens quite often, and this submission can be set up from the top if you like to play the top rubber "guard" game) is I will use my free leg to push the heel of the choking foot like you would for a locoplata. I'm sure that this would make the choke even tighter from the bottom if you could pull it off. I have trouble getting the right angle from the bottom to be able to go foot to heel although I wouldn't think that it's impossible to do. It's quite easy to go foot to heel when you're on top with this submission though! I hope this helps some! Let me know what you come up with when you play with this technique!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    training partner bailed so i didnt get to try but i thought of a new question. does the foot have to be right under the chin for the sub like this? or can it jsut be near, if the latter is the case this would be awesome. i always get guys stopping or atleast slowing down my foot going under the chin and then exploding up. if this stopped it or even just made it harder. im definitly keen

and im trying to picture the top mounted locologoplata. would it be possible to just bring the free knee up to put pressure on the foot? the way im picturing it, feel like a locoplata type sub would either be weak or unbalanced. but using the knee instead of the foot would (in my head) mean you could stay lower and tighter and therefore be more balanced and probly have more pressure aswell. ill try and put up a video in the next few days if it works out. but im definitly interested

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    training partner bailed so i didnt get to try but i thought of a new question. does the foot have to be right under the chin for the sub like this? or can it jsut be near, if the latter is the case this would be awesome. i always get guys stopping or atleast slowing down my foot going under the chin and then exploding up. if this stopped it or even just made it harder. im definitly keen

and im trying to picture the top mounted locologoplata. would it be possible to just bring the free knee up to put pressure on the foot? the way im picturing it, feel like a locoplata type sub would either be weak or unbalanced. but using the knee instead of the foot would (in my head) mean you could stay lower and tighter and therefore be more balanced and probly have more pressure aswell. ill try and put up a video in the next few days if it works out. but im definitly interested
    No the foot doesn't have to be directly under the chin for this submission to work. In fact if the foot is right under the chin 9/10 times I'm probably going to just go for the regular gogoplata/locoplata.

To answer the second part of your question the top side version of this technique comes from the monoplata position where you are more off to your opponents side similar to how you might be for an armbar/spider web rather than being parallel with your opponent like you are in a traditional mount. Hope that helps!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The jiujitsu gods spoke to me as I slept last night. They said you probably should solidify a strong control position, such as perpendicular jiu or meatbag. They also mentioned something about needing to be a brown belt to put vids up? Hmm..

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast