Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville

dislocated/broke my elbow. freak accident.

so this severely sucks ass, tournament next saterday then naga and now i cant do either.

was rolling last night and went for a double leg take down. as we went to the mat, though i knew better, my automatic reaction was to catch myself. So i stuck my left arm out and as soon as i hit the mat POP! my left elbow dilocates and i start screaming some words that george carlin would be proud of.

went to the ER and they x-rayed it once because i couldnt move it at all, from the X-ray they saw it was of course dislocated, so they ended up puttung me out and popped it back into place and wrapped it up. Gotta go back friday for more x-rays when the swelling goes down to see if its broke and if i may need surgery or not.

hate the word surgery. as soon as I heard the word i paused and was stunned. I immediately thought to myself "theres a chance I may never do jiu jitsu again...."

hopefully it us just dislocated, lets hope for the best.

This sucks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    man that sucks dude. everyone goes through injuries if you do it long enough. stay optimistic and make sure you give yourself PLENTY of time to heal

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Dont sweat it too much, surgery is not the end of the world, you will heal and at the end of the day, Jiu Jitsu is the cripples martial art. You need to be pretty messed up not to be able to do it.

Sorry to hear it. I feel for you. It goes faster than you expect though.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    ...hate that happend.prayers sent

Damn man, I'm so sorry to hear.. Wish u the best. Play a fuck load of videogames!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Rios View Post
    Damn man, I'm so sorry to hear.. Wish u the best. Play a fuck load of videogames!
    +1. Also just keep your head up man. The mental part of healing is very important.

Array

School
    Electric City MMA
    Ouch. Sorry man, I hope you have a speedy recovery

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville
    thanks for all the support guys. by chance anyone have this injury before or know anyone who has? about how long can i expect to be out? day 3 i've already got some motion back.

if i can get a quick recovery im gonna try to compete at NAGA in TX on December 18.

what are the chances the elbow can come out again?

still cant believe i screwed up and lock my arm straight out when i went down.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I'm sorry to hear that. I've suffered my share of injuries and time out and that sucks. Here's hoping you bounce quickly.

I'm no orthopedist, but what I do know of joint injuries is that once the supporting ligaments are damaged due to dislocation, the joint will always be more susceptible to a repeat injury. Ligaments don't heal well because they don't receive much blood supply. Definitely look into a sports physiologist or sport-specific physical therapy for your recovery. Rehabbing an injury properly takes time and it takes doing the right things at the right time during the stages of healing. Hang in there; I really hope you can get to PT soon so you'll be back on the mats that much sooner.

Array

School
    NeverTap Fitness
    Sorry to hear this. Hope for the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast