Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    House - future 10th Planet Melbourne

COMPLETLEY new - where should i start?

as title reads....
    so should I start with lockdown, rubber guard, twister, spider web, etc etc?
    thanks, josh
    ps. flexibility is ok, I can get to mission control, but not flexible enough to use the gogo plata without pain in my thigh

Array

School
    10WO
    Shrimp, shrimp, and shrimp some more. Also t-rex'ing and never stop working on flexibility. And the warmups Eddie posted. Spend the 5 bucks a month to get the MTS subscription so know exactly what's going on in the warmups.

Other than that just have fun. Just like with most things in life, when it comes to Jiu jitsu, 10P or not, you will only get out what you are willing to put in. Welcome to the 10thplanet family!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    Hobart, Tasmania.. The little island south of Australia
    Lockdown is a great place to start, quality reps of the whip up. Get to know Oldschool, Electric chair, Plan B , Dogfight.
    Also the basic rubberguard path, mission control, zombie, Newyork, chilldog, Kung-fu move, Jiu claw to the DA.
    That's the stuff I started with anyways.
    I see you are from Melbourne, have you visited Frank yet? He will put you on the right path, hopefully I will see you at 10th Planet Melbourne sometime!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Clark View Post
    Shrimp, shrimp, and shrimp some more. Also t-rex'ing and never stop working on flexibility. And the warmups Eddie posted. Spend the 5 bucks a month to get the MTS subscription so know exactly what's going on in the warmups.

Other than that just have fun. Just like with most things in life, when it comes to Jiu jitsu, 10P or not, you will only get out what you are willing to put in. Welcome to the 10thplanet family!
    great answer. stick to the basics first. the shrimp and its basic hip motion principals are everywhere in grappling, master it first for sure.

IMO quarter guard and the side control path on the latest MTS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    In my opinion u should always start on your back if u can. It's easier to get a good top game than it is to get a good bottom game

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    This should be a good thread...

Shrimp for sure...front rolls back rolls...butterfly stretches...oh and show up to class

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    new to 10th planet or jiujitsu? either way should go to a physical location to learn if there is anyway possible to do that.

Array

School
    Well right now I'm only 15 1/2 so when I'm out of school and have a lot more time to do jitz (with Frank Barca's school in Melbourne), I will be able to be committed without many problems in the way but that's still at leat 2.5 years away

For now I practice with my buddies on weekends for as long as possible so we can drill the techniques in this system.

Array

School
    I've actually known about bjj and 10pjj sine i was 12 (2010), but never really got into it like i have in the last couple of months, so i was familiar with the names of positions in the RG and twister systems, but handnt applied anything, i had heard joe rogan mention stuff in the ufc, so i watched videos on youtube where eddie taught i think dean lister rubber guard techniques. so i'm not right out of the box new, but a white belt with 1 training

anyway with MTS and i have the books on the (MRG and MTT), i hope to be strong in at least a couple of techniques (breaking posture/keeping broken posture, triangles, old school, and other basics) before starting at the 10p Melbourne moon.

thanks for the replies guys, and i guess i will start with lockdown techniques

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast