Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    creationism, however it would happens if it did happen and im not saying either way, comes back to the first cause doesnt it? creationism saying the this reality or place that we live in was created by something or someone? since no one ive heard of that human has created a universe/reality its generally considered to be a higher power than us that did this.

philosophically there are arguements on both sides. the whole idea of the infinite train. ie imagine youre stopped at the train crossing and you only see carriages moving passed you. now if you followed all of these carriages to the front you would never find the front because it is infinite and the same if you went towards to back. the question here is. whats pulling or pushing the carriages?

as far as im aware and i havnt gotten right down into it for a while, but the best explanation that scientists have for a non creationist theory is the big bang theory where the universe acts like a rubber band continuously going back and forth inbetween expanding to a point and then coming back in and exploding again. and they say that this happened over and over but that just hypothetically lengthens the size of the train and doesnt give a first cause.

do i need to add in why a first cause is necessary?

throughout history, when there is something that has been unexplained, it is generally thought to be supernatural or divine. as things are discovered and so on there are less talks about divine power and more about scientific knowledge. thats why imo we had polytheistic religions that explained a lot more things in detail ie ancient greek and roman religions and then as understanding of the world increased we have moved on to a monotheistic religion that offers us a back up plan for three things we dont understand, love death and creation.

in saying that, i really dont think there are many explainations that are accepted world wide as probable, im sure all of those links people posted are really good theories but like joe rogan said in one of his comedy shows abot dick enlarging pills, if they really worked do you think you would be reading about them on the back of a magazine?

as far as im concerned, we dont have a better explanation at the moment to explain how everything came to be. if anyone was going to do it, havnig some omnipotent super kick arse dude with a mighty beard would probably be my first choice.

im not saying that a PKG god exists (all powerful all knowing and all good) because there are many many logical arguements to disregard that but as far as creationism goes, he fits the bill and until more information comes to light, we should probably stick to that.

and just as an end note, an atheist doesnt have to not believe in a higher power they just dont believe in the subjugation of themselves or others to a higher power. to assume that humans are 1. the only life form in the universe and 2. the most powerful life form in the universe, is the most disgusting egotism ive heard of.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ash View Post
    We are in a computer program, your arguments are irrelevant.
    and i really fucking love this theory but its the same problem as before, it doesnt explain where everything started. and in bostrums theory, we arent in a computer programme so much as we are a computer programme. in matrix talk, we are agent smiths not neo.

if you want a mind fuck go read about bostrums theory. its amazingly interesting and pretty damn logical

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    and i really fucking love this theory but its the same problem as before, it doesnt explain where everything started. and in bostrums theory, we arent in a computer programme so much as we are a computer programme. in matrix talk, we are agent smiths not neo.

if you want a mind fuck go read about bostrums theory. its amazingly interesting and pretty damn logical
    Thats just what an Agent Smith would say.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ash View Post
    Thats just what an Agent Smith would say.

royler vs eddie. Royler puts on agent smith voice "Mr Bravo. Welcome back. We missed you" eddie beats him in metamoris by using the matrix.

and btw mr ash i have just read three of your posts and wanted to give you rep on all three, well played

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    creationism, however it would happens if it did happen and im not saying either way, comes back to the first cause doesnt it? creationism saying the this reality or place that we live in was created by something or someone? since no one ive heard of that human has created a universe/reality its generally considered to be a higher power than us that did this.

philosophically there are arguements on both sides. the whole idea of the infinite train. ie imagine youre stopped at the train crossing and you only see carriages moving passed you. now if you followed all of these carriages to the front you would never find the front because it is infinite and the same if you went towards to back. the question here is. whats pulling or pushing the carriages?

as far as im aware and i havnt gotten right down into it for a while, but the best explanation that scientists have for a non creationist theory is the big bang theory where the universe acts like a rubber band continuously going back and forth inbetween expanding to a point and then coming back in and exploding again. and they say that this happened over and over but that just hypothetically lengthens the size of the train and doesnt give a first cause.

do i need to add in why a first cause is necessary?

throughout history, when there is something that has been unexplained, it is generally thought to be supernatural or divine. as things are discovered and so on there are less talks about divine power and more about scientific knowledge. thats why imo we had polytheistic religions that explained a lot more things in detail ie ancient greek and roman religions and then as understanding of the world increased we have moved on to a monotheistic religion that offers us a back up plan for three things we dont understand, love death and creation.

in saying that, i really dont think there are many explainations that are accepted world wide as probable, im sure all of those links people posted are really good theories but like joe rogan said in one of his comedy shows abot dick enlarging pills, if they really worked do you think you would be reading about them on the back of a magazine?

as far as im concerned, we dont have a better explanation at the moment to explain how everything came to be. if anyone was going to do it, havnig some omnipotent super kick arse dude with a mighty beard would probably be my first choice.

im not saying that a PKG god exists (all powerful all knowing and all good) because there are many many logical arguements to disregard that but as far as creationism goes, he fits the bill and until more information comes to light, we should probably stick to that.

and just as an end note, an atheist doesnt have to not believe in a higher power they just dont believe in the subjugation of themselves or others to a higher power. to assume that humans are 1. the only life form in the universe and 2. the most powerful life form in the universe, is the most disgusting egotism ive heard of.
    The Big Bang Theory, Steady State Universe as well as the Oscillating Universe theory are all in crisis right now based on recent discoveries within Cosmogony.

I appreciate your comments.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    Not going to get stuck in this argument again.

Will say two things:
    1) We *can* hear you. Yeah, this is a BJJ forum and trashing on your brothers for believing differently from you is uncool. I'm a so-called "Creationist" but I haven't met a person I can't take apart in argument but I have met trolls.
    2) Are you a troll?

Let's talk about something else. This stuff is divisive. I came here excited about X Guard and now I'm bummed out because my heart wants to kill trolls with fire but my mind says that there are too many of them and they regenerate very quickly.
    Beautiful thing about the way a forum works..Dont go in to the threads that you know are going to piss you off. If I see a thread title that doesnt interest me thats exactly what I do. Youre welcome
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Flow BJJ in Keene NH
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    You really need to work on your logic debating skills. Ad hominems only make your already weak argument appear weaker. How old are you?

Anyhow, science revolving around origins of the universe and human life doesn't produce products other than books mostly. Secular science makes money this way. And to ruin your "proof," creationist books also sell just fine. There's even a museum that makes money. Even though I'm not a fan of that museum, it does prove you wrong. People are making money and selling products off of creationist science. Making money and product is not proof that something is scientific.

You are painfully ignorant to what creationism entails. From what I gather, it seems you think that creationism = Christianity. That's pure ignorance. And after I explained that the two are not the same, it appears you hold to your approach instead of taking time to learn the other side of the coin, so you're WILLFULLY ignorant.

Lastly, what you're referring to as "real science" is not discounted by creationists. In fact, creationists also use this "real science" to support its own beliefs and theories. But this "real science" that creates vacuum cleaners is a totally different branch of science from origin theories. I have absolutely NO clue how you even drew a correlation between the two as if somehow Darwin's theory of evolution helped Tesla and Edison understand electricity.

Learn more. Your ignorance is making you look baaaaaaaaaaad. It's never wise to enter a non existent debate knowing only one side of the argument.
    SO let me get this straight. You address one line of my post without addressing the main points of my original post and i am the one that needs to bone up on debating?! You didn't ruin my proof. You proved it. They sell "creationist books" and web sites. They do not make creationist medicines or creationist cosmological models that explain large portions of our sky. They look at unique portions of it and then make an explanation from limited observations. That is the problem with creationist science. They do not make leaps of logic.

Also you didn't even address the evidence i presented on the dinosaur article.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Hey bro's.. Freedom of speech, freedom of choice, is more important than one camp or the other..
    That core value has to be there. And not to impose ones beliefs on others trough force. That doesn't mean one can't discuss them in a civil manner.

The Dinosaur "blood" was DNA residue found in acid softened bone btw.
    The discussion is starting now, gonna watch it!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    The Big Bang Theory, Steady State Universe as well as the Oscillating Universe theory are all in crisis right now based on recent discoveries within Cosmogony.

I appreciate your comments.

ill look into the cosmogony stuff later, what iput in was the basic philosophical discussion that we have about it all. tbh i didnt have enough time to read through the articles everyone posted but i thought it wouldgiev a different viewpoint.

i think we have all forgotten that Odin is the all father and rules from asgard. end of debate

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    You don't find ice giant fossils because Thor ate them all. Thor... Thor might have originally been a Hittite God named Tharun. (The thunder God) The word thunder originally comes from Teshub/Taru, a word from the neighbouring state Haittia. The Norwegian word is "Torden"
    So that guy was pretty ancient. Kurds are descendants of Hittites. The Hittites rivalled the Egyptians, and Egyptian faraoh's Married Hittite princesses to keep the peace.
    Ancient god, ancient word. The Jewish God entered the scene 1100 years later.

Thor; Oldschool. Dumb as a brick tho. I'd like to tell some Norse pagan racists that Thor comes from a middle eastern country one time, that would be fun..

Norse mythology is creationist by the way.

"There was nothing in the beginning but seemingly almost endless chasm called the Ginnungagap. Ginnungagap was a void like the Greek Chaos. Ginnungagap was bordered by Niflheim, which is the place of darkness and ice, far to the north; and Muspelheim, a place of fire, far to the south. Out of this chaos the first being came into existence from the drop of water when ice from Niflheim and fire from Muspelheim met.

This first being was Ymir, a primeval giant. The frost-giants called him Aurgelmir, but everyone else called him Ymir. Ymir became father of a race of frost-giants.

Ymir was the father of six-headed son that was nourished by a cosmic cow called Audumla. Audumla fed herself by licking the salty rime-stone, until that stone was licked into a shape of man. This stone-man was named Buri and he was the first primeval god. Buri was the father of Bor.

Bor married the giantess Bestla, the daughter of the frost-giant Boltha. And they became the parents of the first Aesir gods Odin, Vili (Hoenir) and Ve.

Ymir grew so large and so evil that the three gods killed Ymir. The blood that flowed from Ymir's wound was so great that almost all the frost giants drowned in the torrent. Only the frost giants Bergelmer and his wife escape the flood in a chest, arriving on the mountain of Jötunheim (Jotunheim), which became the home of the giants."

Seems legit. :3

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast