Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post

Well this is just perfect. Jizzed in my pants!
    The transitions at 5:29, can also lead you to the outside clamp depending on which direction I turn to my side to attack. In the video I turn to attack inside, low side attack (I facing inside, towards his hips. I then attack his leg on the low side ((closest to the ground)). However is he pushes his leg towards the outside I can go to the outside clamp, attacking the ankle on the high side (my right hip) as his foot is on my him furthest from the floor. The location on the high side or low side of your hips is important as it changes up submission options, and transitions from those options.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Oh yeah, that's, the outside clamp, same one used for the hail mary straight ankle lock warm up. I use it a lot. I use and teach a variety of other positions than the common ones, those are just the primary ones for they system I use.
    Do you have any videos going over details on the outside clamp (I'm sure you do)? I'm getting there pretty consistently trying to figure it out. Also from the leg drag I've been sitting back to the outside clamp to bait the kick over so I can hit the calf slicer but guys know what I'm doing now. So instead they're crossing their feet and hand fighting to stop the cross body heel hook. Is there a good way to battle through those road blocks or should I be getting the heel locked up before I hit the mat?

EDIT: I appreciate you taking the time to answer my little questions. I still have a long way to understanding the lower body attacks but I'm trying.
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 07-04-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I don't really have a video describing the outside clap (just the outside wedge after the cleave sweeps in my reaper videos).

When you enter to the outside clamp, still hug the knee (unless the set up already has the leg wrapped, like in the video I linked), don't attack the sub until after you establish good control.

At about the 4 min mark I transition to the outside clamp. The option with the RNC grip works great when they are handfighting and pulling your heel hooking arm.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 07-04-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Beautiful. I have a lot to study now.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Question about the Armenian Handshake. Is the knee knot et best place to get that move? I see there's the Armenian Twist and obviously the heel hook if the hand shake doesn't work. Any other slick transitions?

EDIT: I know you answered my question via Facebook. Just wanted to ask here too so other people that may have the same questions can get them answered.
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 07-08-2014 at 09:43 PM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Dean Lister's KATCH DVD is a good one. A lot of good details on there. Especially what he calls "open circuit" (feet not crossed) and "closed circuit" (feet crossed).
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    I was wondering if Zog or Scott, or anyone for that matter, wouldn't mind giving an opinion on the leg control used in this video. Is this a viable option to use?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    He violates a number of principles that I teach.

1)Positions of control focus on controlling or isolating the hips. Some positions just control or isolate one hip, others control or isolate both, he does neither. He is also leaving a huge amount of space with his "position", which isn't helping his control.

2)He uses the flat part of the forum when attempting the foot lock vs. using the sharp cutting edge of the radius bone, which is far superior. It also limits the amount of finishing options.

3)You should never spin out of a straight ankle lock from any position, heel hooks yes, straight ankle locks no, when you spin out of a straight ankle lock, very bad things can happen. Basing a concept on a predicted response of an escape you should never do, leaves giant holes in his "theory".

My opinion, your time is way better spent on other material.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyshell View Post
    I was wondering if Zog or Scott, or anyone for that matter, wouldn't mind giving an opinion on the leg control used in this video. Is this a viable option to use?

He's giving his opponent an inside heel hook

ig and twitter @jm10p

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast