Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu

The flexibility associated with Rubber Guard...

Hey Guys, it's Nate!

I've been wondering if anyone has some good stretches, or ideas they could post on improving flexibility for Rubber Guard and the Twister. I'm training about 3-4 days a week, and my 10th Planet hasn't had much room to expand since I've been having a rough time improving flexibility lately. Any posts from Eddie himself would also be a great help. Let's keep evolving guys!

- "the Musickal"

Array

School
    Pardee Combat/CoringaoBJJ (Future home of 10th Planet Jiujitsu Ballground, GA)
    There are ton's of great stretches to use, but in my opinion, Yoga has really helped me with my RG. Im a fan of the P90x XYoga, and the Xstretching program with that set.

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    I'm unfamiliar with XYoga. Did that come with the P90x program, or was it something you needed to get seperately? Let's keep this thread alive guys...and possibly gals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fI6kDwSGwI

This video helped me out quite a bit man

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Have you started with the stretches in Mastering the Rubber Guard book? Great place to start. I also like Ryan Hall's series up on you tube. It's not 10th Planet specific of course, but still good stuff.

Array

School
    Pardee Combat/CoringaoBJJ (Future home of 10th Planet Jiujitsu Ballground, GA)
    No its part of the program, its like the 4th dvd in the set, I like the whole set minus the Kenpo X, but whatever floats your boat.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    That's just the first one. He covers about everything.

Array

School
    Taekwondo, Thai Boxing, Jiu Jtsu, Chess, Basketball, Football, Guitar etc etc
    Put your foot up against the wall with something to lean back on. Climb your foot up the wall as far as you can as if you were doing a side kick. Hold it then do the other side. Do that all the time. As far as the upper muscles go grab your foot with opposite hand and just press it against your chest. Do that all the time. Get two pieces of news paper and a chair. Put the two pieces of news paper under each foot and do the splits as far as you can go holding the chair so you don't rip out your groin. Do that all the time. If you really want high kicks then you gotta have some leg strength in your hamstrings, quads, and glutes. I suggest doing the Bill Wallace kick exercises. All this will help with Rubber Guard. Do it.

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    Excellent stuff guys. I'm gonna have to try them all out as often as possible. Once again, let's keep this thread as fresh as we can and update often!

Array

School
    Mission: Submissions
    Start with your basic stretches and work your way up. Don't strain your stretches. Flexibility is a gradual thing. I started with the basic sit on the floor, spread your legs, and lean forward. Keep your back straight and lean from your hips. Get to where you can put your elbows on the floor. That stretches your inner thighs and your hips a bit. Also your basic butterfly stretch is awesome. Lift up on your feet with both hands and push down with your elbows and pull your feet as far in as you can. A great rubber guard stretch is to sit down and pull your shin as far into your chest as you can (it helps to put your left foot in your right elbow and hug your knee like you are in New York). Work on it until you can put it on your chest right under your neck. The biggest thing is just to work on it. Stretch whenever and wherever possible. When you're at home cooking a 2 minute tv dinner, stretch while you wait for it to cook. Anytime you sit down do whatever stretches possible.

Sorry for the novel. :P I hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast